Giant Cupcake Pan Hard Candy Liner?

Decorating By kileyscakes Updated 1 Apr 2010 , 6:02pm by KHalstead

kileyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kileyscakes Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 2

For those of you who have done the giant cupcake pan and made the liner out of candy melts I just had a few questions. I have read how to do the candy liner but I was wondering since the cake is to big to put in after do you trim it and then frost it and then drop it in the shell? Do you not frost it at all? any ways to transport it? Any tips or suggestions from anyone who has done this would be great I will be making one for my friends son's birthday this weekend.
Thanks!
Kiley

1 reply
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 2

hey Kiley,

I haven't made one of these yet, however I have made mini cupcakes with the candy shell liner and I'm wondering if the same thing would work in this situation?

What I did was to bake the cupcake and then line the mold (in your case your clean pan) with melted chocolate, I painted on layers, once it was thick enough I painted on one last layer and put the cupcake back inside. (since cake shrinks you should be ok) and then the cake adhered to the melted chocolate. I popped the whole thing in the freezer and then when it was solid the cake w/ the chocolate shell intact slid right out (since things contract when they freeze, it came away from the sides very easily)

HTH

here's a pic of the lil' guys I did
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%