Hexagonal Shaped Cake

Decorating By rubytuesday Updated 29 Mar 2010 , 7:13pm by LeckieAnne

rubytuesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rubytuesday Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 7

Hi Everyone

I just wondered if there is anybody else out there in cake world! that has the same problem as I keep getting.

I have made two hexagona cakes now, and both times they have sank in the middle as they were cooling down, and I have had to throw them both in the bin!!

I make a lot of cakes with both round and square tins up to twelve inches, and never have any problem whatsoever with them. Just this infuriatng hexagonal one!! .... Any tips would be very gratefully accepted! and would be comforting to know this maybe has happened to somebody else and its not just me!!! ...I don't want to waste anymore!

Many thanks

Ruby icon_smile.gif

6 replies
LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 7

I've only made one - but made several tiers and didn't have any problems. I just did WASC. Would the flower nail in the middle of the cake trick work? It's for leveling really - but will cook the middle faster, right?

rubytuesday Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks very much for that, I will give it a try next time I get the strenght up to try another one !!! icon_lol.gif

LeckieAnne Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 11:19pm
post #4 of 7

You're welcome. Hope it works for you!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 6:22pm
post #5 of 7

Sinking can be a sign of underbaked, did you torte them?

rubytuesday Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 6:54pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for all your help, but I think I have found answer to my problem! ..... I always have my oven set to a certain setting, but without my knowledge I think a little person has been playing with the oven dials, and reset it!!! .... it turns out that it was only heating from the grill, and not from the bottom of the oven as well, hence uncooked cakes in the middle!! ...... so hopefully this is the end of my cake disaters and blaming the poor hexagonal tin!!! ...... oh the joys of parenthood!! and four wasted cakes in the bin!!! ..... ah well, worse things happen in life!!

Thanks to all again x icon_biggrin.gif

LeckieAnne Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 7:13pm
post #7 of 7

Oh no! LOL

Well, so glad you figured it out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%