Pa Employee Health Plan?

Business By hilberry1 Updated 28 Mar 2010 , 6:56pm by LisaR64

hilberry1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilberry1 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 6

I am in the process of applying to operate a home based bakery in PA. The application asks for a copy of my employee health plan which "establishes how to handle ill employees, including you, should you get ill or exposed to a foodbourne illness." Is this as simple as saying I won't bake when I have a contagious illness? Or does it need to be more detailed than that?

Any advice or samples would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

5 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 6

When you have a business with employees it is good practice to write a policy and procedure manual. Google the subject and you will find out how to go about writing one (plus lots of samples, hehehe). The purpose being if you drop dead during an emergency, the employees can look it up and follow the already set in stone actions, numbered from most to last important. Not a bad idea to have an MSDS manual, too. (let's see...Susan splashed bleach in her eye, what brand was it? Ok...here is the recommended actions and antidote for brand XYZ bleach.)

Hillywu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hillywu Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 2:36pm
post #3 of 6

Just had my kitchen inspected (here in PA) last Tuesday. I didn't have to have that part filled out. Probably depends what part of PA you are in as to how picky they are. For my business, it's just going to be me doing a home based thing, so maybe that's why they weren't too picky. Wish I could be more help.

Hillary

hilberry1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilberry1 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 3:27pm
post #4 of 6

Hillary, that actually is a big help. I am in Lancaster County, and it will just be me... no other employees. I guess I won't sweat it for now and see what they say. Thanks!

(By the way... I'm a Hilary too. Only with one 'L' instead of two)

:>)

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 3:41pm
post #5 of 6

Yeah there's some of that paperwork that won't apply to you.

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 6:56pm
post #6 of 6

I agree, I recently passed inspection and didn't need to answer that question, since I don't have employees.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%