Timeline?

Decorating By isabellai Updated 24 Mar 2010 , 9:57pm by catlharper

isabellai Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isabellai Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 11:44am
post #1 of 2

Hello .. I'll make a cake on Saturday. I've made the bottoms and the fillings (tobleronecreme and raspberry mousse) wich is in the freezer ... my question is now, when can I take these things out of the freezer so I am sure that its not going to be bad?

1 reply
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 2

Ok, not too sure what you are asking here but I'll take a stab. What you say is in the freezer sounds like the fillings and not actual cake. Those you can put in the fridge to defrost today. If you have cake in the freezer you can take that out the day before, crumbcoat it then do your final ice/fondant either leave it out on the counter or put it back in the fridge. I don't know how perishable your fillings are but if they are highly perishable then you'll want to refridgerate the cake after the final ice/fondant. IF you are using fondant make sure to bring the cake back up to room temp by letting it sit out for an hour or so. It may have condensation spots on it from sitting in the fridge and those will evaporate as it comes up to room temp. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%