How Would You Make This Lobster Cake?

Decorating By marion123 Updated 23 Mar 2010 , 8:36pm by KHalstead

marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone

I want to make this cake and I have pm the CC member and have not heard back from her.. I also pm another CC member who asked her for the directions and she was kind enough to tell me that she didn't know and never recived the directions either..

What do you guys think? I was given a great idea of making the body of the cake from a football pan.. Anything esle you can think of?

Any help would be so great!!
LL

4 replies
jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 5

I would make a square cake cut it in half and stack then sculpt. Make the claws out of RKT just what I would do but am sure you will get some better ideas off some of the more experienced people on here x

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 5

A loaf pan? You can also use round cakes like 6in ones, trimmed a little standing up on their sides?

marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 8:08pm
post #4 of 5

thanks guys.. Great ideas'...

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 5

I made a squid cake one time (no pics, because I was so mad that the woman balked at paying $30 for it....anyhow)........I baked 6" rounds and cut them in half and just put the flat end down on the board and lined them up next to eachother and did the same with some 5" rounds and 4" rounds for the squid's body which was a similar shape to the lobsters body.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%