Gum Paste Or Fondant High Heel Shoe Help?

Decorating By jenniferjo Updated 23 Mar 2010 , 7:43pm by jenniferjo

jenniferjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniferjo Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 5

I haven't taken the class for fondant yet. (Haven't had time!) I want to do a high-heel shoe and shoebox for my daughter's 13th b-day but don't know where to start. Is there anything on this site or anywhere to teach me the basics to make a shoe out of gum paste or fondant? Also, what is the difference between the two and which should I use for a shoe? Thanks so much for your help!!

4 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 5

You want to use gumpaste for the shoe, as it will dry faster and hold its shape better.

I haven't made a shoe, so I can't help you with that part.

jhay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhay Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 5

If you go to Global Sugar Art's website (often advertised on this site) you can find a kit that will give you the drying forms and cutters to make them perfect every time.

staceytisdale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceytisdale Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 5

Here's a template. This is what I used for my first shoe. Then just changed it a bit for the other shoes i did. You just print it out and adjust the size, cut out each shape and then cut it out of your gumpaste. The one piece is teh support for your shoe while it dries, you need to cut that out of thicker material like cardstock/cardboard.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=81322

jenniferjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniferjo Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 7:43pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you staceytisdale for the awesome template! I had no idea where to begin but I think I can do this now!!! Thx a bunch!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%