post #3 of 9

cool...i'll be watchin' icon_cool.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 10:21am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnSnow

JenniferMI is

Which team was she on? Also, the woman who used mostly computer-generated decorations -- is that similar to the Cricut that everyone's always posting about?

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 11:28am
post #5 of 9

That's the team she was on and yes it is the cricut.

IMO they should have won!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 12:32pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:

That would be like giving the award at the art show to the paint-by-numbers painting! There was way too much cricut on that cake. I agree with Margaret Braun on this one. The cricut has a place in decorating just like cutters do, but you shouldn't be using it as a primary way to exectue your design then expect to win awards with it.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 12:38pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:

That would be like giving the award at the art show to the paint-by-numbers painting! There was way too much cricut on that cake. I agree with Margaret Braun on this one. The cricut has a place in decorating just like cutters do, but you shouldn't be using it as a primary way to exectue your design then expect to win awards with it.

I agree she lost because of too much cricut. But it sure was wonderful seeing what she did with it. I do think the right cake won.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 12:40pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by peg818

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:

I agree she lost because of too much cricut. But it sure was wonderful seeing what she did with it. I do think the right cake won.

Yep, me too!

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 5:22pm
post #9 of 9

I agree, too much Cricut on Martha's cake. But despite that, it was beautiful and her design was better proportioned that the others, IMHO. I loved the soft pink. And I loved the panels she cut with the Cricut. Of course I loved the other 2 cakes as well and intently watched all of them at work! I also love my DVR!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%