Wilton Tips Bent...?

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 4:47pm by 2txmedics

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 5

Ok, Ive noticed that when I use some of my tips, and I dont know how this happened cause Im very careful....for example my tip #20 wont let out right. I go to decorate and I might have one prongs that is bent out and it makes a stringy design instead of what its suppose to.

My tips need to be Re shaped, how do I go about that? I have a cake to do tonight.

thanks to all.

4 replies
pupandbon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pupandbon Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 5

there is a tip repair thingy (yep, i said thingy) at our local hobby lobby made to push down into bent tips to reshape them. if you can't find one of those, not sure what else you can try, sorry!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 5

Wilton makes a Tip Saver. I haven't seen them at Walmart, and my Michaels dosen't have it. The Hobby Lobby in my area does have them. They do come in the Blue 101 piece tool box and you can order them online from Wilton.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:29pm
post #4 of 5

Link to Wilton's site for that product:



Restores bent tips to their proper shape and opens clogged tips. Place tip over pointed or cone-shaped end, put on cover and twist back and forth to reshape. Heavy-duty plastic.


2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 5

Ahhhh, a "Thingy"....Ive got one of those!!!! someone gave it to me as a gift 2yrs ago...lol, and I didnt pay much attention to it~~~A THINGY....yup....thats what it is...

THANKS ALL!!!! dahhhhh....lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%