Marble Cake From Cake Doctor Returns

Baking By lolobell Updated 17 Mar 2010 , 4:15am by afunk

lolobell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolobell Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 2:49am
post #1 of 7

Hello!
does anyone have the book, "the cake doctor returns?"

IF so...could you kindly share the marble cake recipe?

thank you
Marianne

6 replies
okliebert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okliebert Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 3:09am
post #2 of 7

I have the Cake Doctor book. There is a 'Chocolate Marble Cake' recipe in there. Is that the one you are looking for? It is a recipe that starts with a box mix and you add extras to it. Let me know and I can post the recipe.

lolobell Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 3:33am
post #3 of 7

thank you however i think the one in the cake doctor returns is different.. at least i am under the impression that it is...

i do have the one you speak of.. but thank you soo much for asking.. i appreciate it!

mar

okliebert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okliebert Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 3:52am
post #4 of 7

Not a problem. Good luck!

afunk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
afunk Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 4:11am
post #5 of 7

Hi lolobell- I have the book right here. The marble cake recipe is for chocolate marbled cupcakes, (easy enough to convert to cake) is this what you are looking for? I will post it anyway. It may be the same recipe in the original cake doctor book, just in cupcake form.
(There is also a marbled spice cake recipe and marbled gingerbread coffee cake recipe.)

CHOCOLATE MARBLED CUPCAKES - from "The Cake Mix Doctor Returns"

24 paper liners
1/2 c. (3 oz.) semi sweet chocolate chips, or 4 oz. semi sweet chocolate, chopped
2 Tbsp. milk or water
1 pkg. (18.5 oz.) plain butter recipe golden cake mix
1 pkg. (8 oz.) reduced fat cream cheese, at room temp.
1/2 c. veg oil
1/2 c. water
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla

-Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake pans with liners.

-Place chocolate and milk or water in a medium microwave safe glass bowl and microwave on high power for 40-45 seconds. Remove bowl and stir chocolate, if you need to return the bowl to complete melting, do so 5 seconds at a time, stirring in between. Set the melted chocolate mixture aside.

-Place cake mix, cream cheese, oil, water, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat on low until until ingredients are incorporated, 30 seconds. Stop and scrape sides of bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase speed to medium and beat for 1 1/2-2 minutes longer, scraping bowl if necessary. The batter should look well blended.

-Measure out 1 cup of the batter, stir into the melted chocolate mixture, set aside. Using the rest of the batter, spoon a heaping 1/3 cup of batter into the lined cupcake pan, filling each liner three-quarters of the way full. You will get 22-24 cupcakes.

-Drop a generous tablespoon of the chocolate batter on top of each cupcake. Swirl it into the batter using a wooden skewer or dinner knife.

-Place the pans in the preheated oven and bake until they are golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 23-28 minutes. Remove pans and let cool 5 minutes before removing cupcakes from the pan. Place cupcakes on a wire rack to finish cooling before frosting, about 15 minutes.

lolobell Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 4:14am
post #6 of 7

Ah, Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much! That appears to be the one!

very kind of you to do, I appreciate your help!

marianne

afunk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
afunk Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 4:15am
post #7 of 7

No problem! Happy Baking!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%