I Yield To The Topsy Turvy Demons!!!!

Decorating By jjkarm Updated 16 Apr 2010 , 3:40pm by j-nita

Megan1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Megan1979 Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 7:37am
post #31 of 33

Hiya,

What type of cake did you use? For Topsy Turvy cakes you need to use a heavy cake like chocolate mudcake. I use the mudcake and ganache recipe from the planet cake cookbook. Everyone loved it. It is an Aussie book though, but you should be able to buy it from the internet.

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 8:10am
post #32 of 33

oh dont worry! the tt gods got to me too! bloody B*st*rds they are... lol.

but this thread is giving me hope to try again... i did ganache mine, i used a crusting b/c... hmmmm

im eager to try again.. now to find an occassion...

j-nita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j-nita Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 3:40pm
post #33 of 33

Don't give up! My very first topsy turvy cake was a hit. I had trouble with the fondant the second time around. I made it from scratch. Made 4 batches and the last 2 would not roll out and hold without tearing and or cracking after placed on cake. Finally resorted to a store variety but ran out of time. the cake was due in 3 hours. finally resorted to a butter cream for the base, still looked beautiful but 2 blocks from my destination and the cake started breaking apart on the 2nd and base layer's. I did not like the fondant I purchased but I am looking forward to trying the "Iced Satin" brand. Any one tried this brand. I have another TT (topsy turvy) due next week. The cake mix is important and I have found my old tried and blue, cheap mix from a box works well. Of course I add additional flavoring such as Vanilla-Butternut, Bouquet, Brandy etc. Any Who, I gave her deposit back and took a big hit. But I love making this cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%