Open Gift Box Cake :)

Decorating By Calgary_Mama Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 4:41pm by Calgary_Mama

Calgary_Mama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calgary_Mama Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 6:50am
post #1 of 6

So I had questioned a few days ago about how to prop that box open. and I went with the ideas I got, and finished my cake icon_smile.gif
It took a lot of work, but This is the finished product. Only thing I wish was that I could finish the bottom of the bag part of the cake somehow... :/

It was my first time doing any kind of a "gift box" cake, first time with the bow and doing a little tag icon_smile.gif It was a fun cake to make.
Anyhow... here it is...

Edited to ask... how much would you guys price this cake for? I am new to selling cakes, and although I am not licenced yet, I am in the process of getting my ducks in a row (please don't hurt me lol I know how touchy a subject licenced & not licenced is...) but keeping in mind I am not licenced, how much would one charge for this cake? I"m trying to get pricing together for my cakes...
LL

5 replies
DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 7:06am
post #2 of 6

That's awesome!! It looks great!

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 7:19am
post #3 of 6

Good job...looks great!!

Jemoiselle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jemoiselle Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 7:40am
post #4 of 6

Very nice! Good job =) I have not been brave enough yet to attempt one of those, kudos for bravery too!

Calgary_Mama Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 8:54am
post #5 of 6

Thanks icon_smile.gif I was scared, but it turned out good. I am really happy with it. I just hope the birthday girl loves it! :/ So scary when they have no idea what they're getting... she said "it'll be like opening another gift" LOL I thought, you have no idea how "like opening a gift" it'll be LOL

Calgary_Mama Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 4:41pm
post #6 of 6

wondering about pricing? Can someone help me?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%