Do Customers Actually Eat The Fondont On Covered Cookies?

Baking By PinkChateau Updated 17 Mar 2010 , 1:17am by lngo

makeminepink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeminepink Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 2:41am
post #31 of 35

I am not a fan of fondant on cake. Cake is soft and not chewy-- at all, so to me, it doesn't go together. MMF on Soft Sugar Cookies--- YUM!! I don't think my customers realize it's fondant either. They just love them! I do details in Indydeb's buttercream with 1/2 butter--- all the better!

impala Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
impala Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 3:59pm
post #32 of 35

I love the fondant on the cookies... I agree tastes great on the cookies not soo good on the cakes and does keep the cookies soft and fresh.

ruthi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruthi Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 6:16pm
post #33 of 35

Just to add in opinion also - i use both royal icing and fondant on my cookies - BUT, i use mmf as my fondant on the cookies....never have had any complaints and I switch back and forth between royal and mmf, depending on my mood, time, and size of order! My kids love both as well, actually, some of my kids prefer mmf and complain when i get in the mood to do royal icing.

khufstetler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khufstetler Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 11:50pm
post #34 of 35

I only use MMF on my cookies, then add accents with RI.

I LOVE the way MMF and NFSC taste together. I've never even tried 'store bought' fondant.

lngo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lngo Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 1:17am
post #35 of 35

I'm glad I came across this post. I'll be sending some cookies pretty soon, and I really wanted to use fondant to make my designs. Guess I'm off to make some MMF! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%