What's Your Favorite Mmf Recipe?

Decorating By anikahmae Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 3:35am by catlharper

anikahmae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anikahmae Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 4

I am making my mother a birthday cake. I have never made MMF, any suggestions or tips? Thanks! Marisa

3 replies
khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 4

Rhonda's Ultimate MMF. Recipe is on CC. It is delisious. I've also played around with the flavor by varying the extracts and gourmet oil.

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 4

I use T's MMF, again a recipe you can find on CC. It's easy to make, tastes great, and handles really well.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 3:35am
post #4 of 4

I use the simple one...16oz marshmallows, 2 tbs water, approx 2 lbs powdered sugar and one half tsp flavoring. Melt marshmallows, 30sec at a time in the microwave till melted with water, stir in flavoring (this is when you would add color if you want the whole recipe a different color) and then stir in half the powdered sugar. Add more powdered sugar till you get a ball starting to form then turn out onto a powder sugar dusted surface and knead in just enough powdered sugar to get a bread dough or pizza dough consistancy. Use crisco on your hands to help prevent sticking and when you get the dough to the final consistancy smear a light coating of crisco over the "dough ball" and wrap well. Put in fridge for at least 2 hours but preferably 24 hours. When you take it out the next day just nuke for 15-30 seconds to soften it up then knead it smooth again. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%