How To Do Scalloped Overlays Like This.

Decorating By kileyscakes Updated 14 Mar 2010 , 5:11am by powderpink

kileyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kileyscakes Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 7

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to make these scalloped overylays?
LL

6 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 7

g

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 7

i've seen on here that you can take a piece of paper and fold, then cut the edges that you like

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:00pm
post #4 of 7

Are you talking about how the fondant looks two toned? White on the bottom and then pink on the top?

To me it looks like the cake was iced in BC, then the pink fondant was cut to form the scalloped edges and laid on top. Then fondant was used for the dots and stripes.

kileyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kileyscakes Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 7

ninatat do you remember where you saw that?
I want to know how to do the pink part on the cake. How to measure and cut the fondant to lay it on top.
Thanks

jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 6:45pm
post #6 of 7

I saw on here that you use the pan that you backed the cake in as a template and cut a large wavy line round larger than the pan and then lay that on top of the already iced tier. then you could use an extruder to make the string/piping around the edge. Not tried it myself yet so good luck its a gorgeous cake

powderpink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
powderpink Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 5:11am
post #7 of 7

What I would do is: you roll out fondant and use a cake pan approx. 1-2in' larger that the actually cake used. Then use a round cutter to make the scallops. Put the fondant on the cake and then trace it with another piece of traced to size fondant

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%