Where To Find Natural Icing Colors - Allergies

Decorating By Bookick Updated 12 Mar 2010 , 2:43pm by tiggy2

Bookick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bookick Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 11:31am
post #1 of 4

I need help finding all natural colors to dye frosting with that don't taste nasty. My daughter is allergic to artificial dyes. My fun with cakes has been on hold because it's not enough to just find something to create the color you want it has to taste good too.

3 replies
Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 11:48am
post #2 of 4

sorry i don't know much about natural dyes etc but i did find this site on google for you that might be of some interest to you....they say they are all natural, not sure about the flavour part etc:

http://www.seelecttea.com/index.php?cPath=41

Somewhere on google it also said chefmaster natural food colouring so maybe you can do a better search for that

HTH a bit until maybe someone who knows about this stuff etc can give you a better answer

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 4

Country Kitchen now carries some natural dyes. I have not tried them though. They are really good about responding to email inquiries about their products! www.countrykitchensa.com

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:43pm
post #4 of 4

Chefmaster all the way. You use very little, no bad taste and get intense color instantly. the only way to get true red and black without waiting hrs/days for it to darken.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%