"puzzle Cake" Cookies?

Baking By sweet-n-sassy Updated 15 Mar 2010 , 5:49pm by Cake-makerz

sweet-n-sassy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet-n-sassy Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:52am
post #1 of 11

i am thinking about making a cookie the same way you make a puzzle cake, and wondered if anyone has tried this before. For the cake you layer chocolate and vanilla cakes, cut the middle out, flip the whole cake over and put the part you cut out of the bottom into the top. i'm just not sure how i would cut the cookies out so that you can see all the layers, any suggetions?

10 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 11

so you mean, you want to "inlay" a different color of cookie dough?

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 11

Not sure if this is what you're talking about, but you'd make 2 different colored cookie doughs. Cut out a shape in one dough. Use a mini cutter to cut out the middle of that cookie. Take the mini cutter and cut that shape out of the other color and then lay it in the middle of the first dough. You can do this with fondant too. HTH

Cake-makerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-makerz Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 11

i don't understand you,
sorry icon_sad.gif

luv2bake6 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 1:35am
post #5 of 11

Sorry, i'll try that again. Let's say you want to cut out hearts in regular cookie dough and chocolate cookie dough.

1- Roll out your light cookie dough.
2- Cut out heart shaped cookies and lay on cookie sheets
3- Take a smaller cookie cutter (smaller heart, or circle or whatever) and cut out the centers of each heart. Remove those middles
4- Roll out chocolate cookie dough.
5- Cut cookie shapes using the small cookie cutter that you cut the centers out of the larger hearts.
6- Take those cut-outs and put them into the now empty centers of the light hearts.
7- You now have light cookie dough hearts with chocolate cutout centers.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 1:46am
post #6 of 11

I don't see how a cookie could be thick enough to make the layers do anything but be a mess.
For those who have never seen one: This is one of the cake slices.
Edited to add the directions for the cake. Please scroll down a little.
http://forums.chef2chef.net/viewtopic.php?t=454925

samcfi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samcfi Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 1:53am
post #7 of 11

I've never seen one of these cakes. Too bad someone can't make a tutorial!

Cake-makerz Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 10:20am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bake6

Sorry, i'll try that again. Let's say you want to cut out hearts in regular cookie dough and chocolate cookie dough.

1- Roll out your light cookie dough.
2- Cut out heart shaped cookies and lay on cookie sheets
3- Take a smaller cookie cutter (smaller heart, or circle or whatever) and cut out the centers of each heart. Remove those middles
4- Roll out chocolate cookie dough.
5- Cut cookie shapes using the small cookie cutter that you cut the centers out of the larger hearts.
6- Take those cut-outs and put them into the now empty centers of the light hearts.
7- You now have light cookie dough hearts with chocolate cutout centers.

I'm going to try this ..... *ever* ..... But now i think it's a bit too hard for me ! Thanks to luv2bake6 !!

Jacque2241 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jacque2241 Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 11:32am
post #9 of 11

Wow, that puzzle cake looks really neat. I checked out the instructions, and I'm not sure I get it, but I'm going to try and see what happens. Thanks 7YYRT

luv2bake6 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 4:25pm
post #10 of 11

I'm going to try this ..... *ever* ..... But now i think it's a bit too hard for me ! Thanks to luv2bake6 !![/quote]

Up to you. Just tried to help with an idea.

Cake-makerz Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 5:49pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks thumbs_up.gif

Like to know that other people can help me...
I saved the instructions for another time so I can try it, but now I am busy with fondant and 3d....

And luv2bake6,
if you have nice instructions, PM me !!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%