Cake Boss???????

Decorating By apetricek Updated 12 Mar 2010 , 3:50pm by KHalstead

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:38am
post #1 of 2

Just wondering how many people have the cake boss software/program that is always advertised on here. I want to know do you like it? Is it helpful? Worth the time and money? Just want some honest opinions, before looking into it further...thanks!

1 reply
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:50pm
post #2 of 2

I have it and honestly, if it cost $350 I STILL would have figured out a way to get it. I was one of the beta testers and by the time the program was launched I had my money waiting!! I'm not really sure how I managed before cake boss.

Initially when I had it I was lucky to do 1 or 2 cakes a month so juggling paperwork and little notes here and there wasn't so bad, but after word got out that I did cakes....I had to start scrolling down my "open orders' screen on cake boss just to be able to see everything I had going at one time!!

There have been times that I've completely forgotten about cake orders, but they were on cake boss w/ all the details and so I called to confirm delivery time and sure enough, these people were expecting cake!! If not for that program I'd probably have lost quite a few customers over my lack of memory!

Not to mention that I was able to go into my cake boss program and click on reports and print out an itemized list for my tax guy of EVERY sale I'd made last year w/ the cost and profit for each one listed. You should have seen his face!!!

He said "you just do this from home?" I said, yep! He said, "wow...I am SO impressed with your bookeeping skills" HAHHA If he only knew!!!

I honestly could NOT operate without it. Especially now that business is booming, and I've got brides all over the place sending in deposits and random payments here and there I have no idea how I'd ever keep it all straight!

It is SO worth the money!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%