Is It Me? Or Do The Cakes On This Site....

Decorating By chrissypie Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 7:03am by madgeowens

chrissypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissypie Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 11:30pm
post #1 of 35

get more and more amazing each day!!! I just cannot believe the talent!! I have had my mouth hanging open for the last half an hour looking at todays most saved cakes! You guys are so freaking talented I can't stand it! LOL! I am so jealous! I wish I had one tenth of your abilities! Keep it up, I just love looking at these amazing masterpieces!

34 replies
revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 35

lol..yes! I was thinking this same thing today! Sure makes my cakes look lame and i'm feeling pressure about the 2 cakes i'm attempting to do..lol! Oh Well good practice!

chrissypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissypie Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 12:12am
post #3 of 35

I just can't believe some of these cakes! I see so many colorful fondant cakes and wonder if they color the fondant themselves or buy it? The colors are so vibrant! I can't imagine how much some of these cakes cost to make!

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 12:28am
post #4 of 35

This place is amazing...my work has grown SO much just by being here, reading the forums (or as I call them "cake school") and being inspired by the work. The people here are SO helpful too when you are trying to master a new skill. Makes diving off into a scary new technique a lot less daunting!

kse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kse Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 12:43am
post #5 of 35

I thought the same thing today!!!! I'm getting worn out hitting the favorite button!! Great job, everyone.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 12:48am
post #6 of 35

i know you just sit there and go OMG icon_eek.gif at so many amazing cakes it's crazy! and then you are like i want to be able to do them icon_cry.gif lol

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 1:38am
post #7 of 35

Yes, I've noticed.
Why do you think I never post my amateurish cakes and cookies any more?

AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:01am
post #8 of 35

elise87.....YOU are one of the ones that make my jaw drop......the way you can paint is AMAZING!!!!!!!!

hails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hails Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:02am
post #9 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissypie

get more and more amazing each day!!! I just cannot believe the talent!! I have had my mouth hanging open for the last half an hour looking at todays most saved cakes! You guys are so freaking talented I can't stand it! LOL! I am so jealous! I wish I had one tenth of your abilities! Keep it up, I just love looking at these amazing masterpieces!

I just peeped at your cakes they are stunning as well great work!!!!
Have a great evening

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:36am
post #10 of 35

I soo agree! I feel so jealous to see what others can do. Gosh, I wish I can learn everything in a day.

sharlanet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharlanet Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:00am
post #11 of 35

Ditto what ya'll said! I am so addicted to this site and have learned SO so much! Thank you everyone for your contributions! thumbs_up.gif

sharlanet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharlanet Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:01am
post #12 of 35

Ditto what ya'll said! I am so addicted to this site and have learned SO so much! Thank you everyone for your contributions! thumbs_up.gif

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:14am
post #13 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

I soo agree! I feel so jealous to see what others can do. Gosh, I wish I can learn everything in a day.

Umm Rylan, you're one of the one's we're totally in awe of icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:42am
post #14 of 35

There are amazing cakes in here that never make it to the top row...........and some it is really hard to believe they have no comments at all...............really amazing

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:47am
post #15 of 35

my favs are so full i am afraid of running out of room..how many can we have anyway? i wish we could organize them.... icon_biggrin.gif

Jemoiselle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jemoiselle Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:53am
post #16 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

my favs are so full i am afraid of running out of room..how many can we have anyway? i wish we could organize them.... icon_biggrin.gif

Haha, I've been wondering the same thing! My favs are overflowing! This site is better than pastry school lol. "Cake central school! Get the addiction." It has a nice snazzy ring to it! =P

Creative_Cookies_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_Cookies_Cakes Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:09am
post #17 of 35

I totally agree with everyone else!! I have learned so much from this site. My husband just said to me don't you ever get tired of cake stuff. I told him no (I am addicted to this site I am afraid if I miss a night I will miss something) I have not learned how to go back and find everything yet. I also agree to I wish we could put our favorite pictures in categories. thumbs_up.gif

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:18am
post #18 of 35

I agree and I think it's BECAUSE of this site that there are so many outstanding cakes being posted. I know in the 5 years that I've been coming here that I've learned far more than I've ever learned anywhere else. It's a Cake Central Addiction for sure!

KimAZ

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:24am
post #19 of 35
Quote:

Are you serious icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif . Your work is second to none! I stare at your cakes in amazement icon_wink.gif . I do agree there are alot of talented people on this site. Thanks to everyone of you that take time to share!

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:39am
post #20 of 35
Quote:

icon_surprised.gif your kidding me - right?
Rylan - the forum stops when one of your cake photos is posted.
And it gets very crowded as we all queue to leave a omment - icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Bluehue icon_smile.gif

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:40am
post #21 of 35

It is sooo nice to see some of the cool cakes being posted. It gives me something fresh to aspire to, all the time.

My only wish with the galleries, whether it be faves, or not- I wish we could just scroll down, through them all, instead of going through page by page. It seems very time consuming.

I love the site though, I spend way too much time on here. icon_smile.gif

whit6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whit6 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:50am
post #22 of 35

Ya know......before i got addicted to this site I used to watch shows like Ace of Cakes and just wish I could do something like that but didnt think its possible. Like i specifically remember the episode with the SLR camera cake, or the gumball machine, and all the animals etc and just thinking WOW you could never do that unless you were at a place like that. But then I saw it all on here and it just seemed more possible and i started to ease into things and take more risks. I think this site helps break things down into small steps that you can handle better and then the entire task doesnt seems quite as complicated or daunting. By NO MEANS am I a great cake decorator, but seeing such great work on the site gives me more confidence to try things and get better...and i know if I have a problem you all are here to help when i do mess up thumbs_up.gif

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 6:06am
post #23 of 35

thank-u anothercreation icon_smile.gif

but my painted cakes don't even compare to some of the skills on the cakes of some of the people on here!

btw put simply Rylan = dunce.gif about being jealous icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Also going off what tesso said.....choosing favourites on here is like a kid in a candy store: 'Ooo i like that one and that one, and oh! i want that one! oo and that one!' and then you end up having so many that you are in fear someone is going to come along and say 'ok i think you have had about enough there' lol icon_wink.gif

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 6:11am
post #24 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

I know that Jackie is aware that organizing our favorites is at the top of many of our wish lists. I am sure this is a feature she will be adding in the future.

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 6:13am
post #25 of 35

I agree with everyone. I NEVER get tired of looking at cakes and there are so many cool ones to see here! icon_biggrin.gif

Calgary_Mama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calgary_Mama Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 9:45am
post #26 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Yes, I've noticed.
Why do you think I never post my amateurish cakes and cookies any more?

I think you shoudl still post them! Its wonderful to see how much people have grown in their abilities! I still have all my cakes on my facebook page, even the horrid ones from my first Wilton course... (truly THE worst cake I've ever made lol)
Although there are many gorgeous cakes, and INCREDIBLY talented decorators/artists on this site, it it stil important to show us your work!!! icon_smile.gif

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 10:26am
post #27 of 35

I never grow tired of looking at cakes. There is a lot of talent on this site. What really makes my jaw drop is some of the first time cakes. It makes me want to take a look at all their cakes. I check in and out daily so I won't miss too much. I only wish I had those kind of skills.

Jo-melia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jo-melia Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 11:57am
post #28 of 35

I think it's great to see that some of these AMAZING cakes are made by beginners, or... stay at home mums, or... people in a totally un-cakey day job, people just like you or me. It kinda gives everyone the chance to say 'If they can do it, maybe I can!'
And, like whit6 said the support of a community like CC gives me so much more confidence to try new things and so much to work towards, I have quite a few people that I 'want to be when I grow up!' icon_biggrin.gif

jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 12:41pm
post #29 of 35

I agree with everyone else there are great cakes on here and great people with great advise.
I always find I do a cake and think I like that it was quite good then I come on here and it pales into insignificance with some of the wonderful creations but it gives us all something to aspire to and I have learnt to much

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 12:58pm
post #30 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-melia

I think it's great to see that some of these AMAZING cakes are made by beginners, or... stay at home mums, or... people in a totally un-cakey day job, people just like you or me. It kinda gives everyone the chance to say 'If they can do it, maybe I can!'
And, like whit6 said the support of a community like CC gives me so much more confidence to try new things and so much to work towards, I have quite a few people that I 'want to be when I grow up!' icon_biggrin.gif

I agree! The cakes on this site are absolutely AMAZING! When I was younger I never knew that the flowers on cakes were edible icon_redface.gif . Now that I am a part of the CC community, I am just in awe at what can be done to make an edible masterpiece. There is great talent on this site. I know that my work is just mediorce and that I still have a lot to learn on the decorating end but I've seen my work improve just from being a part of this community. This website is like a KitchenAid Mixer....worth it's weight in gold thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%