"labyrinth" Written On A Cookie

Baking By HeidiCrumbs Updated 11 Mar 2010 , 6:00pm by HeidiCrumbs

HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:40pm
post #1 of 7

Hhmmm, two questions from me in two days! What a wierd week at the bakery this is, lol!

So I have an order for "Labyrinth" cookies from a huge fan of the movie, never watched it myself. Since I didn't think I could do the little monsters or the actual labyrinth on a cookie and keep it in their price range ($2.50/cookie) she wants me to do the word on a cookie with stars and vines in purples and golds and greens. Anyway, I am getting better at writing on cookies, but she wants it in the actual font that the movie poster is in which I will be able to do, however, I imagine that I will end up messing up on more cookies than it is worth. Is there any way I can write it like on parchment paper, let it dry and then stick it to the cookie with RI? What would you all do in this situation? Just write it on the cookie and hope for the best?

I am so worried about this order, next week is going to suck!!

6 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 7

Something like that, because of my writing skills, would be piped in royal following a template, allowed to dry then, placed on the cookie. I've only done it as an embedded item (I flooded the cookie then placed the monogram on the still wet icing), not as an attached piece (adhered with a dab of icing).

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:10pm
post #3 of 7

wasn't that just all about a maze?? Would it be easier to pipe a maze on the cookie??

Is it in your price range to print edible images??? I'll bet you could fit a good 50 "Labyrinth" words on a page w/ the vines to boot lol Might be worth not having the headache!

HeidiCrumbs Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 7

My edible image printer is broken so I would have to go to WalMart for the EI sheets and they always do a really crappy job. I hadn't thought of that though, plus, in keeping with their prices all of that hassle would be quite a bit more. But for my peace of mind it may be worth it, lol!

I did some research on the actual maze from the movie (this girl wants everything VERY specific to the movie) and to do the detail in her price range just wasn't going to work. They would be more like $5-$6/each instead of $2.50, KWIM?

Gosh, now I was just looking at my cutters and I don't think I even have one big enough to write this word on! Another stress! And I'm NOT handcutting two dozen rectangles. Gosh, give me a pill now, lol.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 5:44pm
post #5 of 7

Cutting two dozen rectangles shouldn't be hard. Just use a pizza cutter or something similar.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 5:50pm
post #6 of 7

If you have a large square you can use that and then cut the cookie in half? giving you 2 rectangles

HeidiCrumbs Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 6:00pm
post #7 of 7

OMG, I never thought of using a pizza cutter! Sometimes the obvious just totally escapes me!

I don't have a large square, the one I do have has scalloped edges.

I really need to invest in a set of nesting rectangles, I have the squares and circles but not rectangles and I'm always scrambling for that shape.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%