Is Anyone Else Sick Of Winter!!!!!!

Lounge By JaimeAnn Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 11:34am by Ronbob1984

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 21

I live in SUNNY California! HA whatever!!!!

I just ordered my Berry plants and started my seeds for my Garden . I was ready to go out and work in the yard this weekend and get the garden ready when yesterday I got out of bed went to let the dogs out and BAM!!!!!! Snow!!!!!!!
I am so ready for some Sunshine!!!!!!!

20 replies
JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 12:00am
post #2 of 21

Oh, that looks like you are here! I say, bring on spring!

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 12:02am
post #3 of 21

ME, ME, ME, I AM SO SICK OF VERMONT WINTERS TOO!!!! thumbsdown.gif

tapedshut.gif I have snowbanks still in my yard as tall as I am!! icon_eek.gif

I can't wait for the rain they say we are going to get later this week, hopefully it will take some of the snow away!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

hey I can wish can't I???????

I feel for ya JamieAnn!! I really do.

JaimeAnn Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 12:35am
post #4 of 21

We are SUPPOSED to have a nice sunny weekend , BUT we werent supposed to have any more snow either!

I am sure around August I will be saying , "I wish it was cold again" LOL

Too bad we can't just have spring and Fall. LOL

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:09am
post #5 of 21

Oh, but it's sooo lovely! I know I don't like it hang around too long either. I like spring but I hate summer, too hot here.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:13am
post #6 of 21

I think it got up to 80 here today, and humid. I wouldn't have minded a bit more cool weather.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:31am
post #7 of 21

I live in Wisconsin and I was sick of winter back in November. It rained here all day so that took care of a lot of snow in town but out where I live it still looks like winter. My DH likes to help the melting process along icon_smile.gif and has started to shovel the snowbanks out into the driveway to melt.

The snow banks at the end of our driveway are the last to melt so last spring he was out there with the snow blower getting rid of the big humps that were left. Guess he needs more to do!!

And when it snows in May and still freezes at night in June I ask myself why do I still live in this state?

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:43am
post #8 of 21

What a beautiful home you have!!!

I'm with Julie--in Mn too and so SICK of winter!!! Hmmmm it's raining out right now--spring?!! icon_surprised.gif

globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:43am
post #9 of 21

Nebraska thumbsdown.gif the snow has started to melt but now it's just rain and slop. And the barometric pressure is flying all over the place; gives me a migraine icon_cry.gif

I need SUNSHINE NOW!!!

JaimeAnn Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 7:02am
post #10 of 21

@JustToEatCake : I know what you mean about the NC Summers I lived not far fron Greenville NC for 4 years. It gets very hot here in summer but we dont have that Sticky hot , humid , can't breath hot like NC.

@Texas_Rose : I would love to have an 80 degree day, but not the humidity I've lived in humid places and it sucks!

@MnSnow : Thank you. I just bought this house last August and had to do a lot of work to it . I think I am just anxious to start some gardening It is on 3 acres and I have a lot I want to start working on outside.

@Peridot , MnSnow & globalgatherings : I feel bad for complaining about the snow here now. We have only had a few snowy days but it has been cold. I live at about 4700ft elevation and most of the time I am in the clouds so it is pretty foggy and dreary in the winter and 20 miles to the grocery store makes me not even want to go out of the house . I feel like a hermit.

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 12:54pm
post #11 of 21

I live in Southern California. Love the weather here. Well guess what, will be moving to Maryland. Such a change, but excitement too. I think my kids will love the winter there, but I think I will freeze my (__!__) there.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:18pm
post #12 of 21

It was almost 80 here yesterday, though we didn't have that much humidity. We've had a bit of rain but we've also had some pretty sunny days, which I am so thankful for. I needed them. We are not use to this cold and had more snow here than we have in a long time.

I say bring on Summer too. And I know come July, August and September I will be complaining about Texas heat and wanting the fall, but for now, oh I want the warmth of summer.

I feel for those of you that get snow for long periods of time. I think it is pretty but it would drive me batty!

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:29pm
post #13 of 21

Texas Sugar, I am so done with the winter, batty doesn't even touch the description I want to use. Up here, where I live, (on top of the mountain) it is either snowin, blowin, or both all year long.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:13pm
post #14 of 21

icon_lol.gif - I will swap one day of your Winter for one day of my 41C = 112F
Have had this since Christmas - and have another 2 Months to go.
Its Autunm here - and still we are getting burnt to a crisp everytime we step out the door.
Just a bucket of snow would be nice at the moment. thumbs_up.gif

Welcome to Perth in Western Australia -
The most isolated City in the World.

http://www.experienceperth.com/en/Things_to_see_and_do/Pages/Top_things_to_do.aspx

Roll on Winter.... thumbs_up.gif

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:13pm
post #15 of 21

I live on the Washington coast and guess what it's doing here. Raining! Surprise, Surprise! Not.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 12:24am
post #16 of 21

The winters in my part of Colorado are relatively mild. It's my winter CLOTHES that I am sick and tired of! I just know, though, if I break out a pair of open toed shoes or try to go without stockings, it'll snow.

JaimeAnn Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:52am
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee

The winters in my part of Colorado are relatively mild. It's my winter CLOTHES that I am sick and tired of! I just know, though, if I break out a pair of open toed shoes or try to go without stockings, it'll snow.

I hear That!!!!!!!!!

I spend most of the year barefoot, my family calls me the barefoot flower child...ahhahah At the most I wear flipflops. I really want to put these Uggs back in the closet!!!!

GeorgiaGingerbread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeorgiaGingerbread Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 3:37pm
post #18 of 21

Winter could definitely go take a long walk off a short bridge for me too! We never get snow in Atlanta(okay...maybe once every 5 years!), and we've had 4 different snow storms this season. I'm originally from the desert so I hate the cold!

The rain could really stop too! We went from a drought to such huge amounts rain that there is no where for the water to go. So, if Spring and Summer is just going to bring more rain...they can go away too! I just finished rebuilding my home after we had major flooding in our area this past September.

We had 10 feet of water in our home, so I am REALLY, REALLY, REALLY tired of the rain!

Pinki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pinki Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 10:56pm
post #19 of 21

Earlier today, I was thinking how nice it would be if it cooled offed again here! I live on the Alabama Gulf Coast. Hot (80) and very humid! Its supposed to drop to the low 50's tomorrow but then the humidity is supposed to be 87% with 0 chance of rain. Even with the lower temp it will still be "sticky" outside.

As far as rain, the city I live in gets over 5ft a year. Yes, over 5ft. According to our local newscast, this is more inches annually than any city in the country...including Seattle. I am more sick of rain than I am with either hot or cold temperatures.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 11:39pm
post #20 of 21

Yesterday here we had flurries off and on and today it got close to 70. Crazy! Ooohhh flip flops...I can't wait!

Ronbob1984 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ronbob1984 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 11:34am
post #21 of 21

Here in New Hampshire, we normally have snowbanks taller than I am at this time of year. I barely have any snow left in my yard. It has been in the 50's most of the week(a veritable heat wave)! I just bought a new convertable and have been putting the top down on my way home from work in the afternoons. You know your in New England when its' 50 degrees and people are in shorts and t-shirts icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%