You Know You Spend Too Much Time At Wal-Mart When....

Lounge By Shelle_75 Updated 15 Mar 2010 , 1:45am by vww104

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:25am
post #1 of 16

Okay, first of all, they're remodeling my Wal-Mart and it's p---ing me off!!

Secondly, I know I spend too much time there, because today I spent five minutes directing traffic to the rearranged departments. One lady stopped and asked me, and when it became apparent that I should probably work there a line formed for directions. My four year old was dying of embarassment. He was totally doing the teenager eye-roll. Good thing the nine year old was at school. He would have melted into a pool of embarassed goo in the floor.

My kids and I have a game now to see who can spot the most people wearing pajamas when we're there. Gotta love Wally World!!

15 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:20am
post #2 of 16

a friend sent me this site.... dont drink and make sure you pee before looking.. i keep expecting to see myself on there... icon_confused.gif not a comforting thought.. but a true one... icon_lol.gif

enjoy it and .. you might need to filter for the little ones... http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?paged=60

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 7:04am
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle_75

My kids and I have a game now to see who can spot the most people wearing pajamas when we're there. Gotta love Wally World!!

I have noticed that there do seem to be more than the typical number of people in their 'jammies' at WalMart.

I say "typical number" because, for some reason, teenage girls in my area wear their pajamas around town as a regular thing. (Flannel or knit sleep pants and a tank or t-shirt, not a nightgown.)

Is this just a Southern California trend, or is it common elsewhere?

Beckup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckup Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 7:09am
post #4 of 16

redpanda wrote:

No....It's everywhere! While we visited GA last year, they did it there! And they do it up here in AK too!

My parents would never have left me leave the house looking like that, period!

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda

Quote:

I have noticed that there do seem to be more than the typical number of people in their 'jammies' at WalMart.

I say "typical number" because, for some reason, teenage girls in my area wear their pajamas around town as a regular thing. (Flannel or knit sleep pants and a tank or t-shirt, not a nightgown.)

OP that is soo funny.

About the jammies, nope it's everywhere. I don't get it but at least it's not indecent. Rather see jammies than sagging pants. JMO

AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:31pm
post #6 of 16

tesso....the peopleofwalmart is hilarious icon_lol.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 3:53pm
post #7 of 16

The PJ thing is here in Ohio full force too!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:31pm
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustToEatCake

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda

Quote:

OP that is soo funny.

About the jammies, nope it's everywhere. I don't get it but at least it's not indecent. Rather see jammies than sagging pants. JMO

I agree.

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 11:43pm
post #9 of 16

That's too funny.
People wear their jammies (sleep pants) here too. ...any time of the year.

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 1:14am
post #10 of 16

Yep, the jammies trend is here too.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 1:47am
post #11 of 16

yep, I tell people where to find things in walmart, too. I'm on a first name basis with ALL of the greeters and half of the cashiers. We've talked frequently about how I'd need no training if I ever got a job there! icon_lol.gif

FYI, I LOVE the new layout of the remodeled walmart! FINALLY someone figured out that when I'm doing weekly grocery shopping that I dont' WANT to walk all the way across the store to buy shampoo and deodorant in the pharmacy area! gggrrrrrrr!!!!!! icon_mad.gif

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:02am
post #12 of 16

yep "jammie" thing here too and it just makes me crazy(er) My DD is 15 and I told that she absolutly would not leave my house like that icon_mad.gif t is bad enough that they are going around in their jammies but add to the fact that they are "red-necks" most of the time they are dirty jammies GROSS

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:38am
post #13 of 16

PJ's are quite popular up here in Canada too! Ours is being rebuilt now too..and I am WAY more excited than I should be about the new one. I find if I go later in the evening, that's when all the REAL interesting ones come out....

I made the mistake of wearing a blue sweater there a while ago, I swear 15 people stopped me to ask where things were. As I am pushing my buggy, trying to feed my toddler a cracker so he stops yelling and eating Mcd fries! Seriously!?! But I guess the really sad part of that story is that I can give all of them proper directions! And WHAT is with the people that are there at 10pm and have their little kids with them!?!

pinky73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinky73 Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 4:31pm
post #14 of 16

I am at Walmart way more than I feel comfortable admitting...and one of the best treats of the day is checking out the latest postings at peopleofwalmart.com...I'ts been in my favorites since last fall.
Check out Awkwardfamilyphotos.com also..good stuff.

deanna_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanna_cake Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:35pm
post #15 of 16

I've heard that walmart is remodeling across the board. From the numerous walmarts I've seen in this past week (try 4 different ones that are at most 3 hours away from other ones I go to). I also heard that it's supposed to bring more fresh ingredients to all the walmarts. While they won't be "super" wal marts, I've heard that they are all moving in that direction. I don't think they mentioned it as a public thing just b/c it'll probably close down more that a few more ma & pa type stores. Just an FYI!!!

And I will admit I am a pj'er. I just don't wear them as pj's. I wear them kinda as sweats. Can't find too many sweat pants that don't bunch up at the ankle, and for me, just not "cool" looking. And different "lounge" pants can be as personalized as a cool t-shirt. But it was something that I definately picked up as a teenager. ahh, to each their own I guess. And no, it isn't an everyday thing.

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 1:45am
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

a friend sent me this site.... dont drink and make sure you pee before looking.. i keep expecting to see myself on there... icon_confused.gif not a comforting thought.. but a true one... icon_lol.gif

enjoy it and .. you might need to filter for the little ones... http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?paged=60

This is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%