Maybe An Emergency..advice?? What Do I Do???

Decorating By Spuddysmom Updated 8 Mar 2010 , 3:46am by Melvira

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 12:04am
post #31 of 37

[quote="cammyblake1" And MBCs are not the delicate little recipes people make them out to be.[/quote]

Well, maybe not, but when I KNOW the limitations that I have, and what can be the result given those limitations, why would I be stupid enough to take a chance on MBC when I have something that works equally well?????????????

The people who eat my cakes rave about the icing and the fillings, so that's good enough for me---and I like that extra layer of security of shelf stability. It allows for people doing the "wrong" thing with leftovers, too.

To each his own and to leave alone............You'll use what you're comfortable with and I'll use what works for me and neither of us is any better or any worse than the other one.

Rae

cammyblake1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cammyblake1 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 12:18am
post #32 of 37

Gee Blakes, did someone call you stupid?

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 12:41am
post #33 of 37

I personally don't like IMBC or SMBC, etc. I am just not a fan of that type of icing. No insult intended to anyone who DOES like them or use them, they are just not MY personal preference, therefore I don't use them. (Unless someone were to specifically request it, but they'd have to KNOW about them first!)

I like American style buttercream and Bettercreme, (especially when it's doctored) so that's what I use. People give me rave reviews, so that's all that matters! thumbs_up.gif

And of course, I'm not trying to make a sterile cake either. But I did find the information interesting, and appreciate hearing it. I act differently when making a cake for my family. I might even lick a finger and just wipe it on a washcloth instead of washing my hand. I haven't killed my kids yet, hahahaha!! But I am certainly more careful about what I do for customers. I don't need any more headaches!

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 12:56am
post #34 of 37

whether your sterile, clean or not...your most likely gonna get sick eating cake after you've opened the door to the party and then didn't wash your hands.....just sayin.

Melvira Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 1:18am
post #35 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiOh

whether your sterile, clean or not...your most likely gonna get sick eating cake after you've opened the door to the party and then didn't wash your hands.....just sayin.

Hahahahaha!! TOO true! I get so sick when I see what some people will do, then directly touch their food without washing. *ewwwwww* I almost lost MY lunch the first time I watched DH pet the cat, then pick up a sandwich. Bleugh! icon_eek.gif

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 1:28am
post #36 of 37

Just wanted to say I bought a KIA brand new, and after the 1 year mark, it became Junk, Ill take that Caddy someone mentioned!

Oh Mel its nice to see you, its been a while, and you look beautiful in that picture!

Melvira Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 3:46am
post #37 of 37

Aw, thank you VannaD!! You are so sweet. I've been working very hard to lose all that baby weight. Some days I'd like to choke someone for a bag of Lindt White Chocolate truffles! Hahaha! icon_surprised.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%