Attention San Diego Bakers....interested?

Decorating By snowqueen93 Updated 4 Mar 2010 , 10:29pm by tavyheather

snowqueen93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowqueen93 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 3

I have a gal who came to me to see if I would make her the cake in the photo attached here (provided by her). At first I told her I would, then I found out that she wanted it to be transported to San Diego by one of her friends. We are located in Northern California, near Sacramento, and that would be a 6-8 hour drive. I am not comfortable in making a cake that can travel that far with someone driving that I don't know. I told her I would put some feelers out for an interested San Diego Baker.

Anyone in San Diego interested in making this cake for her? She said it needs to feed around 32 people and I told her originally I would make it as a 6" x 8" (4 inch high cakes). Chocolate cake with mint buttercream. She was willing to spend $80 without delivery.

If anyone is interested let me know and I will forward on her information if I it sounds like it would work out.

THANKS! I know she will appreciate any help.[img][/img]
LL

2 replies
sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 10:11pm
post #2 of 3

I can't see the cake too well, but I'm thinking it's mostly fondant. She's willing to pay $2.50 a slice, and I think the top golf ball might have to be cake. Really this small I think it would survive the drive, but it's more like 10 hours.

You'll probably find someone who will do it. But the prices in SD are higher than northern CA. I'd lose money, sorry.

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 3

pm'ing u

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%