Looking For A Ranunculus Tutorial?

Decorating By ttehan4 Updated 6 Aug 2013 , 2:19pm by Jaqs

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 5:03pm
post #1 of 7

Anyone know where I can find a tutorial for gumpaste Ranunculus?

Thanks

6 replies
ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 9:10pm
post #2 of 7

Bump Please!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Prima Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Prima Posted 7 Nov 2011 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 7

Hi, I recently made gumpaste ranunculus for a wedding cake and baby shower cake. I made large flowers, medium ones, & buds. Please feel free to look at the pictures in my profile under vintage wedding cake & blue bird baby shower cake.

For the flowers, I made a small ball of green gumpaste on a wire to create the center and tooled it with the Dresden tool to get some impressions into it. Then, I used a combination of round & teardrop cutters from Ateco to create the small and large petals, respectively. The small inner petals (round cutters) were wire free, the larger ones (teardrop cutters) were wired. I allowed the petals to dry for a bit on some plastic spoons. Then, I glued the small petals to the center balls, making sure they overlap (like real ranunculus do). Then I wired the larger petals on individually, using small sponges as spacers until they were completely dry. I cut the calyx by hand, but I imagine you could use a cutter for this. Allow to dry for a couple days. Then, of course, dust with petal dust.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

stana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carmen500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carmen500 Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 9:57pm
post #6 of 7

ttehan4, I found a tuturial at SugarTeacher -Cake Decorating and Art Tuturials.

Jaqs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaqs Posted 6 Aug 2013 , 2:19pm
post #7 of 7

Hi ttehan4, I made a tutorial last year. Here is the link - 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%