Fat Daddios Or Magic Line

Decorating By TeriO Updated 3 Mar 2010 , 11:58pm by chefjulie

TeriO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TeriO Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 10:59pm
post #1 of 9

I have noticed several CC'ers have said that Magic Line pans are top of the line. I just bought the round set of Fat Daddios. Now I see that Global Sugarart has their pans on sale again and would like to order a square set. When I looked, I noticed that Magic Line was cheaper that Fat Daddios. So, any comments, is Magic line better? I would think If they were better, they would be more expensive.

Thanks

8 replies
whisperingmadcow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whisperingmadcow Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 9

I went from Wilton pans to Fat Daddios and I LOVE them! I have never used magic line so I can't tell you if one is better then the other, but I can say that I really like Fat Daddio pans.

TeriO Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 11:15pm
post #3 of 9

That is what I did and wow does Fat Daddio put Wilton pans to shame. I did notice that the Magicline pans are also out of stock though Darn it.

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 9

I prefer ML over FD, especially for square pans.

If you check Amazon, you can usually buy them as part of their 4-for-3 promotion (buy 3, get one free) and get free shipping on them icon_smile.gif

TeriO Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 11:25pm
post #5 of 9

wow, thanks for the info.

rebew10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebew10 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 11:26pm
post #6 of 9

I just recently switched over to Magic Line and I love them!!!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 11:31pm
post #7 of 9

Magic Line is the "gold standard" for pans. Hands down, no doubt, absolutely. I have one FD pan. There will not be a second.

Auntie_RaRa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auntie_RaRa Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 11:56pm
post #8 of 9

I love my Magic Line pans. I have multiple sets of them. I do have a hexagon and 14" square in Fat Daddios. I couldn't find hexagon in Magic Line and local cake store stopped carrying square Magic Line and began selling Fat Daddios.

I didn't care very much for Fat Daddios because the cakes just looked darker to me baked at the same time and temp as I did with Magic Line pan. Luckily, the cake store special order the 14" square from magic line for me. If anyone knows if hexagon is available in Magic Line let me know...pretty please !!

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 11:58pm
post #9 of 9

ML doesnt have the shaped pans! All of my shaped pans are FD, for that very reason! I dont really have problem with them, I just prefer my ML ones. They seem to bake more evenly and consistently than the FD.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%