Can You Help Me Make These? Please

Baking By CMTorie Updated 4 Mar 2010 , 12:19pm by Classycakes

CMTorie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMTorie Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 9:26am
post #1 of 11

I can't seem to post pictures well, but, I need help trying to 'copy' these cookies. I love them and I think they are absolutely gorgeous! http://www.flickr.com/photos/34555769@N04/3910084332/
My main question is, how does she achieve the layered popcorn? I'm thinking maybe she does the bottom layer 'on' the cookie, and then does some 'off' the cookie and then after it dries she just 'glues' it on top??? Does that sound right?

Also, she says that she'll do the cotton candy different next time, but doesn't say how she'll do it. Does anyone have any ideas how to improve upon it.

10 replies
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 2:42pm
post #2 of 11

I think you're right about the popcorn. I think she piped some of the kernels onto waxed paper or plastic wrap before transferring them to the cookie to achieve depth.

I'm not sure what she wants to do to improve the cotton candy. It looks cute to me.

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 11

Scroll down to the replies that cookieartisan wrote. She wrote she wants to do the 2 layer effect on the cotton candy next time like she did with the popcorn.

CMTorie Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 11

TNT, you are right, I totally missed it! I saw the two layer thing, but when I read it (I'm new to cookie decorating) I was thinking one on top of the other. Now it's dawning on me that the cookie would have to be like 3 days old by the time it's finished if I don't do one layer on parchment, LOL.

As for the Cotton Candy, what shape would you pipe, like little tiny clouds???

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 4:30pm
post #5 of 11

look at the popcorn going around the other cookies, the number 2 and the other round cookies........it doesn't appear that they were piped directly ONTO the cookie, but more like you said, done separately on parchment or something.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 9:47pm
post #6 of 11

She also wanted to get a swirly effect in the color of the icing but instead, the colors mixed in the bag so she only got one color effect. They are beautiful cookies!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:26am
post #7 of 11

CookieArtisan (Maryann) is a really wonderful person and an incredible cookier, one of the best I have seen. Just a thought, if you have a Flickr account, you might want to ask her. She really very nice.

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:30am
post #8 of 11

WOW! Her cookies are fantastic! CAn't wait to see yours!

CMTorie Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 5:31am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLH

CookieArtisan (Maryann) is a really wonderful person and an incredible cookier, one of the best I have seen. Just a thought, if you have a Flickr account, you might want to ask her. She really very nice.

LOL, I opened a Flickr account because of her, but I can't figure out how to pm, or get a message other than that message board way.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 11:31am
post #10 of 11

Here is a link to her profile:

http://www.flickr.com/people/34555769@N04/

Click on the little letter and you can send her a message. Again, she is really nice and just unbelievably talented.

Classycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycakes Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 12:19pm
post #11 of 11

You might also get the 3-d effect if you let the first layer of icing dry thoroughly and then pipe another layer of popcorn on top of the first one. I think it might secure to the cookies better than gluing pre-made pieces on. Just a thought.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%