Western Themed Cake For 70Th Birthday

Decorating By RK13 Updated 4 Mar 2010 , 6:55pm by Jack031

RK13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RK13 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 12:38am
post #1 of 4

My step dad is turning 70 and Ive been looking through cake photos for inspiration just haven't set on an idea. The party is going to be a western style but any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:40am
post #2 of 4

You could do a boot, or a hat, and make a red scarf to go with it. There are lots of ideas - it is so hard to pick!

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 8:45am
post #3 of 4

It's difficult to suggest anything, without more information. How many people must it serve, how long have you been decorating and how much experience have you had with making cakes. Can you carve cakes or not? How are your stacking skills, torpsy turvy? Are you capable of ,making your own supports? You haven't posted any pictures yet, so we can't take a peek at what you have already made to know what kind of ideas we can throw at you

Jack031 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jack031 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 4

Yes, I would go with a topsy turvy and do it to where there is different seen on the cake of western things. Like maybe make a hand molded cowboy on a horse or something like that if you can do that. If you can't do a topsy turvy or hand molded figures then I would say do square cakes covered in fondant to make it look like at night or sunset then go online find some like silhouette of some cowboys scenes then cut those pictures out of gum paste and just attach them on the sides of the cake. You know make a story throughout the tiers of the cake. Does that make sense?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%