Daffodil Cake

Decorating By noorya Updated 15 Mar 2013 , 2:26am by Apti

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 2:14pm
post #31 of 45

Yay Anna, cazza, and DD!  I saw that the thread was 3 years old and I lmao because it sounded so much like a few I've read in the past few weeks.  Gimme, gimme, gimme, and you're a big meanie and a poopyhead cuz you won't gimme now, and thank yous are rather thin on the ground. 

monalisasmileca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ducky316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ducky316 Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 8:33pm
post #33 of 45

ALike I said, if it pisses you off, pass it by! WTF is so hard to understand about that? You have newbies who come on here and see stuff like this who may have a legitiment question, and now won't ask because of fear of being attacked! Even though this thread is 3 years old, I'm glad I commented... It's clear some of you think this behavior is fine... I don't.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 8:59pm
post #34 of 45

A

Original message sent by Ducky316

Like I said, if it pisses you off, pass it by! WTF is so hard to understand about that?

You should take your own advice.

You were jumping all over people and telling them to chill out. It's ok to express concern or caution someone about taking on a challenge in a tight spot. As I said, most people want to help. That includes those offering a word of caution or some brutal honesty.

If [B]you[/B] don't like it move on. You don't get to dictate opinions or who can hate them!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 9:10pm
post #35 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by baking-mama 

I attempted a daffodil cake like this one. It's in my photos. Have a look, and pm me if you want advice on how I did mine.

P.s I am just learning!

Baking-mama and monalisasmileca--Welcome to the Forum!!!!  Baking-mama, your daffodil is delightful!  That is a very ambitious cake for someone who is just learning and you did very well.  I'll be everyone was so impressed that they didn't want to eat it!

Quote:

Thanks for the links! I took a look at both of them.  Appreciate you taking the time to help.

baking-mama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baking-mama Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 7:20am
post #36 of 45

AThanks. :) I tried my best. I did it all in about 5 hours total. Baking included.

The 40 degree weather didn't help. Melting, sticky, fondant. Yuck haha.

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 7:57am
post #37 of 45

Three. Year. Old. Thread.

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 8:05am
post #38 of 45

Goggle,Google, Google!

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 8:10am
post #39 of 45

This is a 3year old thread! I can never figure out when they r posted. There is something wrong with this picture.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 9:17pm
post #40 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousDesserts 

You should take your own advice.

You were jumping all over people and telling them to chill out. It's ok to express concern or caution someone about taking on a challenge in a tight spot. As I said, most people want to help. That includes those offering a word of caution or some brutal honesty.

If you don't like it move on. You don't get to dictate opinions or who can hate them!

I could kiss you for this ;-) Good thing we are states apart, since we would both regret it, lol! 

Annabakescakes Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 9:26pm
post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeyouverymuch 

Yay Anna, cazza, and DD!  I saw that the thread was 3 years old and I lmao because it sounded so much like a few I've read in the past few weeks.  Gimme, gimme, gimme, and you're a big meanie and a poopyhead cuz you won't gimme now, and thank yous are rather thin on the ground. 

It's the generation. A good portion of the late teen, 20 something crowd collectively needs a spanking, write lines, and have their noses stuck in the corner. There are many, many exceptions, and I don't want to alienate them, but I am sure that most of them will agree with me as well. There are those in every generation, but they are producing...I will off myself, or become a hermit once the ME ME ME GENERATION's children are old enough to use the computer... Those kids will be just too precious for words... I miss the baby boomers... and the Greatest Generation is practically all gone, my Grandpa and Grandma are 86 and 81 now, and won't be here much longer. 

5, 4, 3, 2.....

RedInLove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedInLove Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 9:46pm
post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by noorya 

hey,
@texas
Perhaps you are rite and perhaps you are wrongicon_smile.gif Becuz scrolling through the forum, i can see that there are great helpers out there who are willing to help beginners out!

The one who has made this cake is awsus and she is a member of this forum. I have pmed her but I havent got any answers so I am waiting.

It might be easy for you to say just do this and this and this but you have to take in consideration that this is my first cake and therefore I need extra help icon_wink.gif

@others

Thanks for the comments

nori icon_biggrin.gif

While some people here might be able to offer some ideas on how to make it, as Texas did so nicely, asking to basically be taught how to make the components of this cake is a bit much. I think just about everything that has been suggested can be found through you own effort via a Google search. I don't think it's the responsibility of anyone/everyone here to do your research.

I know Wilton teaches how to make daffodils using either royal icing or buttercream in one of the first two courses, but I don't think they would do this cake justice. This looks like gum paste or something similar to me.

ETA that I do now see that this thread is 3 years old. I will say that it is not my first thought to check the originating date of a thread. I see the topic on page one of the forum section I'm in, start reading, and reply as desired. Not sure how or why the thread was dug up after 3 years, but if old threads aren't to be commented on then they should be locked. Otherwise, people can and will reply to them.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 11:19pm
post #43 of 45

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

I could kiss you for this ;-) Good thing we are states apart, since we would both regret it, lol! 

Ummm I don't swing that way, but for you I might consider...just once!

Annabakescakes Posted 15 Mar 2013 , 12:28am
post #44 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousDesserts 

Ummm I don't swing that way, but for you I might consider...just once!

LMAO!, Seriously, LMAO!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 15 Mar 2013 , 2:26am
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by baking-mama 

Thanks. icon_smile.gif I tried my best. I did it all in about 5 hours total. Baking included.

The 40 degree weather didn't help. Melting, sticky, fondant. Yuck haha.

40C??? My goodness, you definitely did your best!  I lived in Bondi NSW for 2 years.  Aaaack, humid, hot, hot, hot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%