Red Fondant

Decorating By whitee_15_ Updated 1 Mar 2010 , 5:49pm by daltonam

whitee_15_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitee_15_ Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 5

What is the best way to color fondant red? A REAL red? Thank you!

4 replies
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 3:00pm
post #2 of 5

After many attempts, I have resorted to just buying pre colored red. By the time you get enough color in the fondant to make it red, it's sticky and very hard to keep from tearing.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 5

Yes, I would buy ready coloured too! icon_smile.gif

AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 5:32pm
post #4 of 5

I also buy red and black!!!!

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 5

I'm going to agree with everyone. If you don't want to purchase it, you can use powdered colors. I still believe that you are going to have to use ALOT to get true red. I guess I could answer this question alot better AFTER I get finished with the ladybug cake order I have for this month icon_smile.gif Also if powdered colors is not an option, you can use the gel, but I think you're going to have to use powdered sugar to balance all the gel coloring or sticky is what you're going to have. (I will say that I just got finished with a cake that I used AmeriColors regal purple gel & a ton of it, I had to STOP in the middle, wash my hands, let it sit for a 5 minutes, then go back to it & finish kneading it, because I didn't need it for a few days after making it it was ok, but still softer than the other colors) Good Luck icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%