Need To Pick Ur Brain For Help W/topsy Cakes

Decorating By jenlg Updated 26 Feb 2010 , 8:22pm by jenlg

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 3:49pm
post #1 of 8

Hello everyone. I have a customer who wants a topsy cake for her wedding cake. Ok no big deal. She is inviting roughly 125 people...again, no problem. Here's my issue...How do you figure on how much to make for servings. I'm including two cakes that she likes the design of. Nothing is etched in stone yet...we can even do some squares instead of rounds. How do you serve something like these? I mean..from top to bottom some of those are large slices. What do you do? I'm totally lost on figuring servings and just how much to make. Can anyone help me figure this out or give me some ideas? Thank you!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1567753.html

http://www.pinkcakebox.com/images/cake1041.jpg

7 replies
SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 8

I have never done any topsy turvy cakes so I can't help you with that part. But for colors I would go with either pastels or the color(s) the bridal party will be wearing, silver/gold.

Dolledupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dolledupcakes Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 8

It looks like pinkcakebox uses the topsy turvy cake pans. You can google topsy turvy cake pans, maybe you can find something on there that will tell you how many each pan will serve. HTH

jenlg Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 8

SuzyNoQ -- I'm using the colors the bride wants. These were just examples of design.

Cakesbylissette -- I didn't know they made topsy pans.. thanks for the info..I will go check them out!

jenlg Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 6:00pm
post #5 of 8

The only topsy can pan I found in the generic one by Wilton...that's not going to work here.

Anyone else have ideas with figuring servings and how to serve?

Dolledupcakes Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 6:03pm
post #6 of 8

Let me do some research. I will get back to you in a few.

Dolledupcakes Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 6:05pm
post #7 of 8
jenlg Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 8:22pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you for the information. Those pans are great, a little pricey but a great idea. Will definately have to look more into it. Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%