Asap Question. Please!

Decorating By tal Updated 26 Feb 2010 , 9:55pm by superstar

tal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tal Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 1:41pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making a cake for a party this Sat evening from 7-11.

I have 2 cakes that are covered with BC containing whipping cream/heavy cream that must be refrigerated. These 2 cakes are also covered in homemade fondant. I will HAVE to refrig both cakes. I will have to wait until Saturday to cover with Fondant and decorations.

My question is:

I have to be ready to leave the house by 6. So when should I take the cakes out of the refrig to frost and cover with Fondant, then decorate? How long can icing last at room temp is my main concern?

Thank you so much Board!!!! You guys/girls are great!!!!
Lisa

4 replies
Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 1:46pm
post #2 of 5

You do not need to refrigerate those cakes!! The high amounts of sugar in the icing act as a preservative to the milk (google it). You don't need to refrigerate icing no matter what liquid you use. HTH Good luck. thumbs_up.gif

tal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tal Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much! I will google it but this has given me so much stress about letting it sit out!! I could actually cover both cakes today!!

Again, you TRULY made my day.

Lisa

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 5

Oh good. I know it seems wrong, but you really don't need to fridge if you use milk, cream, or anything else. (I used to really stress about this and would only use water, but now I know better) Have fun!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 5

I always use whipping cream in my BC & also in a lot of my fillings, once you have added sugar to your BC or filling you do not need to refrigerate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%