Dark Purple Sparkly Star Cake..

Decorating By SandiOh Updated 26 Feb 2010 , 12:01am by cakeandpartygirl

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 7

that's what I've been asked to make. Any ideas? I thought about purple fondant, then painting it a darker purple and while it's still wet sprinkling purple disco dust on it...what do you guys think?

Of course, applying fondant to a star cake doesn't thrill me much, but what else can I do?

6 replies
scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 10:12pm
post #2 of 7

Did they particularly ask for a star shaped cake?? When I read your title, I pictured a round purple cake with silver fondant stars around it, and fondant stars on wires poking out the top.

SandiOh Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 7

yes...she wants it star shaped...be nice if she didn't. I'm just not sure how to make it sparkle.

Thanksharla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thanksharla Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 10:18pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgriffiths

Did they particularly ask for a star shaped cake?? When I read your title, I pictured a round purple cake with silver fondant stars around it, and fondant stars on wires poking out the top.

That's what I was thinking too. What about using white sparkling sugar from Wilton?

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 10:18pm
post #5 of 7

I did a cake like that but I had little stars around the cake. If you look in my pictures you will see one although the disco dust didn't show up well in the photo

SandiOh Posted 25 Feb 2010 , 10:29pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeandpartygirl

I did a cake like that but I had little stars around the cake. If you look in my pictures you will see one although the disco dust didn't show up well in the photo

is that the girl scout cake? how did you do the color on that, is that disco dust?

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 26 Feb 2010 , 12:01am
post #7 of 7

Yes it's the GS one. I airbrushed it purple and then airbrushed it again lavender shimmer airbrush color. I added some pink disco dust but I didn't think about adding it while it was still wet though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%