Please Help With Questions About Candy Clay Figures

Decorating By rla126 Updated 3 Mar 2010 , 11:41pm by rla126

rla126 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rla126 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 6

I am going to attempt to make monkeys out of candy clay. I have never made figures with candy clay before. I have a couple of questions if anyone knows the answers, I would greatly appreciate it. 1. What do I use for "glue"? 2. Do I need to add supports (toothpicks or skewers) or should they stay together without them? Thanks so much for your help.

5 replies
kitty122000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitty122000 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 6

welcome to CC! You shouldn't need glue, the chocolate kind of melts together with the heat of your fingers. depending on the size you may want to put a couple of toothpicks in (the wow wow wubbzy cake in my pictures, all of the characters are candy clay, their arms and legs are supported with toothpicks!). I'd just dive in and try! Have fun and post pictures when you are done!

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 6:00pm
post #3 of 6

Welcome to CC rla126! I would like to know this myself. Waiting for an answer....................................

Krysten3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krysten3 Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 6:06pm
post #4 of 6

I've made a few candy clay figurines, if you get the parts of contact warm enough it will melt together and form a bond. Or I have used a paint brush dipped into corn syrup and painted a tiny dab on to "glue" pieces and it worked great. Haven't tried to glue bigger pieces together but like I glued a horses tail on... that sort of thing. HTH icon_smile.gif

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 24 Feb 2010 , 6:06pm
post #5 of 6

You can also use spaghetti noodles for finer figures (with arms in small diameter).

rla126 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rla126 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 11:41pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you so much for the help. I made them and I think they turned out pretty good. The people I made the cake for were very happy. I will post the pictures soon (my husband lost the cable to my camera, so as soon as I get to the store to get a new one!) Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%