Fondx

Decorating By slimkim Updated 23 Feb 2010 , 10:37pm by mrsmudrash

slimkim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slimkim Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone have any comments on This FONDX icing. Wanted to try it but wanted some opinions first. Thanks in advance

6 replies
Sweet_Kakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Kakes Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 7

I use the fondx fondant and it works great for me and taste pretty good as well. Hope that helps a little. I am pretty new...

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 22 Feb 2010 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 7

I use it and like it.

Sometimes, it can be a bit soft, so if it is, I add about 1/3 Wilton to it and get a nice texture and flavor.

HTH
Rae

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 12:55am
post #4 of 7

I tried it and didn't like it - way too soft and stretchy. I hadn't thought about adding Wilton to it, but that makes sense.
Fondx has great flavors.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 1:06am
post #5 of 7

I use it and never have had a problem...I had problems with Choco pan being too soft so I ditched that and am now using Fondx.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 2:46am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne1944

I tried it and didn't like it - way too soft and stretchy. I hadn't thought about adding Wilton to it, but that makes sense.
Fondx has great flavors.

FondX is available in vanilla and comes in white & ivory.

The same company--Caljava--also carries a line called Sweet Inspirations that is a brand of chocolate fondant similar to ChocoPan. It comes in a white chocolate flavor in all colors of the rainbow. IT also comes in a raspberry flavor and butter vanilla flavor.

caljavaonline.com

HTH
RAe

mrsmudrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmudrash Posted 23 Feb 2010 , 10:37pm
post #7 of 7

I noticed the "Cake Girls" using it on the big competition on the Food Network where they won the $50k prize. However, I noticed they had tearing issues...not sure if it was simply because of the competition or because it's soft?!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%