Need Opinions On A Baby Shower Cake Design

Decorating By bobwonderbuns Updated 21 Feb 2010 , 11:45pm by bobwonderbuns

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 5

Hey all!! My friend is pregnant and having her baby shower in May. I've been asked to do the cake, for 85-100 people. She will find out in March what the gender is, so at this point that's unknown. I'm leaning toward a series of smaller (diaper bag, shopping bag type) cakes with fondant baby shoes and maybe some white chocolate baby bottle and pacifiers, but I haven't quite got the idea nailed down. What are your thoughts?

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 5

There are soooooo many wonderful ideas in the gallery of this site. You have time to check them out.

bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 9:45pm
post #3 of 5

I have been checking them out and I have some ideas from the galleries, but I'm having trouble nailing down all the elements I'd like to do for a cake that big.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 5

What about a larger cake shaped like a Baby Gift Bag that has the elements "spilling" out of it? Just a thought. You could also do a stacked cake with the elements surrounding the tiers and have the baby shoes sitting on top.

I have done some large showers as a coordinator but the largest was 45 people...85 to 100...wow...that's HUGE!

bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 11:45pm
post #5 of 5

Yes, 100 people is a lot, but she's from a large, extended Italian family and this is a great grandchild, etc. etc. icon_rolleyes.gif That's why I'm thinking several smaller cakes in various shapes. I love that idea of the baby gift bag!! Maybe that and a diaper bag cake... what else?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%