Fondant....

Decorating By Bradymom6 Updated 21 Feb 2010 , 1:19am by Bradymom6

Bradymom6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bradymom6 Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, this is going to be my week for bombarding the forums with questions. I am doing the cake for my daughter's baby shower, it is next Sunday and I live 3 1/2 hoursfrom her. I am baking the cake here and freezing it because I am not familiar with her oven. It is going to be all buttercream with fondant accents. My question, can I color the fondant here and then take it there and cut the shapes, strips and circles? If so how do I keep the fondant soft and pliable until I am ready to use it? As you can tell I don't use fondant much at all. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Bradymom

5 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 6

Wrap your fondant in plastic wrap and then store it in a ziplock bag until you're ready to roll it out and cut the shapes.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 6

Hi there, yes you can colour the fondant in advance. Once you have done that, wrap it with saran wrap and put it in a plastic bag. icon_smile.gif

manomi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manomi Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 6

It will also help if you rub a little shortening on it before putting in the the saran wrap.

Janran Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janran Posted 20 Feb 2010 , 9:16pm
post #5 of 6

Do what they all say and the shortening is a must. Will you be using multiple colors? If so, keep them separate for obvious reasons icon_smile.gif Good luck!

Bradymom6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bradymom6 Posted 21 Feb 2010 , 1:19am
post #6 of 6

Thank you all for your replies. I will definitely use your suggestions. As soon as I finish the cake I will post pictures.
Bradymom

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%