Two Tone Color

Decorating By ninatat Updated 19 Feb 2010 , 5:26pm by ninatat

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all, i was just wondering, what you like best or works best, when say your doing a swirl on a cupcake do you like putting each on one side of the bag didn't work well for me or using two bag inside on bag? and do you use less of one color. so it just look's tipped, and i tried using my spatula with the color down the side and i'm guessing i didn't put enough down the side, how thick do you put the gel on. thanks all

6 replies
sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 7

I loaded one bag/one tip with two colors of icing and wished I had put a little more white. But, it worked really nice.

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 7

I know there are better ways out there, like using sleeves and putting two colour sleeves into one bag, so they feed into the same tip. However, I am too lazy for that! I just use a long thin spatula to put two (or more) colours into one bag. It always looks pretty, even if it's not quite the way I pictured it.

ninatat Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 7

yea that sounds better to me to, what do u do first keep the frosting pretty much on one side then do the strip of gel, i did the gel first

ninatat Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 5:22pm
post #5 of 7

yea that sounds better to me to, what do u do first keep the frosting pretty much on one side then do the strip of gel, i did the gel first

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 5:24pm
post #6 of 7

This is a great little technique for 2 tone color:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=588591&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

I usually do it this way, it's super easy and works for me every time.

ninatat Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 5:26pm
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%