Quilt Print On Buttercream??

Decorating By princesscatt Updated 19 Feb 2010 , 9:55pm by superstar

princesscatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscatt Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 5

Can you do a quilt print on buttercream icing? My friend does not want fondant but likes the look of the quilting...has anyone done this on buttercream?

4 replies
emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 4:42pm
post #2 of 5

Yes, you can do this. I learned how from Sharon Zambito's Perfecting the Art of Buttercream DVD. It's shown here on her site:

http://www.sugaredproductions.com/buttercreamdvd.html

You will need a diamond impression mat (also available on her website as well as other places). For a quick description, you ice the cake perfectly smooth, then press the impression mat around the cake.

I agree - a very pretty look.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 5

Ditto on the impression mat. Just make sure that your buttercream is well crusted over. Otherwise, it turns into a sticky mess!

princesscatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscatt Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by emlashlee

Yes, you can do this. I learned how from Sharon Zambito's Perfecting the Art of Buttercream DVD. It's shown here on her site:

http://www.sugaredproductions.com/buttercreamdvd.html

You will need a diamond (also available on her website as well as other places). For a quick description, you ice the cake perfectly smooth, then press the around the cake.

I agree - a very pretty look.

Thanks...you are the second person that referred this video...going to check it out!!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 5

I used the diamond cutter it has 3 diamonds in one row, it worked very well for me on my cake with the cats on top, sorry I don't know how to do a link but it is in my photos. I actually found it easier that the impression mat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%