Dh Is No Longer Allowed In My Kitchen

Decorating By ShanB Updated 19 Feb 2010 , 2:09pm by ShanB

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 1:55pm
post #31 of 32

My DH can't cook AT ALL, in fact, it is downright dangerous to let him serve food. One night he gave the kids hot dogs for dinner b/c I was sick. My 7 yo insisted that he did not want to eat the roll, it looked funny. I heard DH arguing with him and knew that I should trust my son, went and checked the roll and YEP, white spots all over it. Even after I let him know it was mold, DH insisted it was flour spots icon_confused.gif . Another time he tried to serve pink in the middle chicken, said he likes it rare. He's hopeless.

Another of the few times he tried to cook, he decided to make meatloaf, but left it to 1/2 hour before dinnertime to start. I told him he could just precook the MEATLOAF in the microwave for a bit, then finish it in the oven. He merrily put the chopped meat still on the styrofoam right in the microwave and cooked it fully. Was then surprised when I told him the meatloaf couldn't be made with cooked beef. Insisted that's what I told him to do icon_rolleyes.gif . We wound up having tacos instead, which I made.

If i"m ever hit by a bus, my poor kiddos will be in constant danger of food poisioning.

ShanB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShanB Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 2:09pm
post #32 of 32

well I guess I'm lucky that my DH CAN cook, very well in fact, he is just messy at it. He also makes the worlds best cheesecake. If I can imagine the flavour he can create it off the top off his head, no recipe used. Never had one crack on the top. People have a hard time choosing for me to bring cake or dh to bring cheesecake to events icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%