Any Must-Visit Cake Shops In Knoxville?

Decorating By HarleyDee Updated 19 Feb 2010 , 5:44pm by TJCanadian

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 12

Gonna be in Knoxville, TN for a couple of days. Are there any have-to-go-to bakeries or cake supply shops that I need to check out while I'm there?

11 replies
wyovol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wyovol Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 12

Hmmmm...

Magpies -- http://www.magpiescakes.com/ -- in the Old City (near downtown) is pretty neat.

VGs Bakery -- http://www.vgsbakery.com/index.html -- in Farragut is nice.

Rita's Bakery in Fountain City (north part of town) has delicious cookies.

amyfj1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyfj1 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 12

Sugarbakers is a great shop for supplies.

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 12:33pm
post #4 of 12

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 1:07pm
post #5 of 12

Amyfj1, are you going to enter in the cake show by the library downtown next month?

amyfj1 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 9:09pm
post #6 of 12

TJCanadian,

I'm thinking about entering but I have some health issues I'm dealing with right now and not sure if I'll be well enough. I looked at your cake photos and you are soooo talented! I wish you lived close and we could get together for a cake day. I could learn so much from you. If you ever come to Knoxville, email me and maybe we could get together.

amyfj1 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 9:11pm
post #7 of 12

Who is entering the contest? I really want to but not sure if I'll be healthy enough. I may try to attend if I can't enter. What is everyone making? Anyone in the surrounding area that would like to get together for a day of sharing?

TJCanadian Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 9:15pm
post #8 of 12

I would love to do a day of sharing, I'm a hobby baker but checking into what it takes to get licensed. I'm planning to enter something in the show since we moved here recently and I don't know anyone.

wyovol Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 2:28am
post #9 of 12

I'm trying to decide if I want to enter. I'm such a beginner, but I think it might be fun to try something.

TJCanadian Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 12:39pm
post #10 of 12

Do enter, I don't want to be the only one icon_smile.gif I just moved here so I want to get out there but I have no idea if they've had this each year or how big the turnout is, etc.

wyovol Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 1:13pm
post #11 of 12

I've been here most of my life and as far as I know this is the first time this competition has happened. icon_biggrin.gif

I did enter last night in the beginner category. I'm nervous about it, but looking forward to it. I was up way too late last night trying to think of a design.

TJCanadian Posted 19 Feb 2010 , 5:44pm
post #12 of 12

Excellent Wyovol, glad you entered...I'll be there too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%