Wall-E Cake - How To Do The Arms

Decorating By icalise Updated 1 Mar 2010 , 6:51pm by icalise

icalise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icalise Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 5:32am
post #1 of 7

Hi:

I have to do a Wall-E cake. Can anyone tell me how to do the arms/hands? I think I can figure out how to do the raised eyes and the raised body but ideas for those are welcome also!

Thanks,

6 replies
wildwolves Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildwolves Posted 16 Feb 2010 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 7

hmmm i personally would make them out of gumpaste let them dry hard and then attach them to the cake.. Make the arms where you attach it to the cake longer with spagetti or a tooth pick in them so that will help hold it in place.. Difficult one to make.. HTH Good Luck! icon_smile.gif

icalise Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:54am
post #3 of 7

Thanks Wildwolves!

I have another month before I make that cake but I want to get my ducks in order. LOL

desertm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
desertm Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 5:25am
post #4 of 7

Are you making the cake in the shape of wall-e? I recently made one, but it was a topper, the body was made of rice crispies treats. I made the arms of gum paste, let it dry partially, and glued them to the body using little pieces of spaghetti stuck into the body, and that stood up all along the line of the arm. Hope this picture helps
LL

icalise Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 4:34pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertm

Are you making the cake in the shape of wall-e? I recently made one, but it was a topper, the body was made of rice crispies treats. I made the arms of gum paste, let it dry partially, and glued them to the body using little pieces of spaghetti stuck into the body, and that stood up all along the line of the arm. Hope this picture helps

wow, THAT IS GORGEOUS! I searched Wall-e cakes and never came across yours. I love your wall-e. How big is it? I like the size of your arms and hands. I saw ather wall-e cakes that had huge hands and I can't see it staying glued without falling off. Would you mind if I use you as an inspiration. I'm not selling the cake, I'm just doing it for a friend. Thank you so much. I have to do it in April, can I PM you if I have questions as I plan? Thanks!

desertm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
desertm Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 6:38pm
post #6 of 7

I will be happy to answer any questions you have, and to help you any way I can. As for the size, if I remember correctly, it was a cube about 10-12 cm on each side. rice crispies treat inside, I prepared each side panel separately and then glued them to the rice crispies. Please pm me with any question you have.

And a big thank you for your compliments!!

icalise Posted 1 Mar 2010 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 7

Do you have a good rice krispie recipe? How long do the rice krispies stay fresh in the cake? Are they edible a day or two later? I only did one cake with rice krispies. They were provided by the teacher and we never ate the cake! It was my little purse cake!

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%