Color Scheme

Decorating By dennettesdelectables Updated 13 Feb 2010 , 3:25pm by dennettesdelectables

dennettesdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dennettesdelectables Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 6:35am
post #1 of 7

so due to family health issues, my friend has just kept pushing back her daughter's bday party..now she has settled on next sunday.."but oh, since you have more room, could we have it at your house"
Not a big deal, I love to throw a party, but I also do her lil girls cake for her....and anyway, she wants me to help w/ all this stuff.. which is fine, I already have a bunch of fondant for a Super Girly Theme, but I am having trouble deciding whether or not Hot Pink, Deep Purple, and white are going to look good together, and not even sure what Im gonna do...thinkin, stripes and one tier w/ flowers! I have checked the galleries, but not seen alot w/ these colors. Any suggestions?

6 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 7:33am
post #2 of 7

I think it would be fun and interesting with those colors. I say give it try. thumbs_up.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 7:44am
post #3 of 7

those colors sound great to me!!!

Donnabugg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnabugg Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 1:12pm
post #4 of 7

Those colors would totally work. I pulled a few pictures off the internet...just a few ideas. HTH
LL

Donnabugg Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 1:14pm
post #5 of 7

Pattern ideas...just change the colors
LL

Donnabugg Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 1:15pm
post #6 of 7

Patten ideas...
LL

dennettesdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dennettesdelectables Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 3:25pm
post #7 of 7

thanks all...I think my two setbacks are that, this is going to be one of my first super girly tiered cakes and there are so many things that I want to do...so my mind is just going too crazy to grasp a central concept! Also, when I think of those bright colors, I don't think of a 2 year old lil girl...actually, 2 reminds me of pastels(sweet,innocent, subtle) either way I think it will be fun. I'm going to draw up some ideas..and as far as not getting to use all my ideas...Well, that's what I have dummy cakes for right! I was actually thinking of doing some dummy cakes at the first part of the week, and using them as decoration for the party, like centerpieces for the tables !

thanks you for all the ideas, that helped, to see that someone else has used those colors too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%