Designing With Cricut

Decorating By cheesecakes-galore Updated 13 Feb 2010 , 7:20pm by cheesecakes-galore

cheesecakes-galore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheesecakes-galore Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 5

OK so I have finally got mine out and started playing with it, after having it for a month in the box. I bought with this the Design Studio because I read on one of the forums you can make custom designs with this, like custom scroll work and so forth. I have been on this site, and others all day now, literally, and cannot find the original postings I read about this software. I have read alot about the SCAL.

So basically I am wanting to know how to make custom designs. Can anyone help me out with this? TIA

4 replies
cheesecakes-galore Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 2:42pm
post #2 of 5

Come on?! Doesn't anyone have the Design Studio software that can help me out? Please! I am completely lost here!

charliejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charliejo Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecakes galore

Come on?! Doesn't anyone have the Design Studio software that can help me out? Please! I am completely lost here!

this program is one you just have to play with, go to youtube and you can get help. I love it, you can weld letters, if you have the gyspy or juke box you can use more than one cartage at a time. Sorry if Im no help, ds is really something you just start using and it get really easy. I have scal too and it's alittle hard to me, you can convert any image in inkscape which you can down load for free. i learned alot from this guy named dan on my crafty life http://dan99.blogspot.com/search/label/SCAL, even emailed him and he helped me until I got it. So play play and you will love it, i just started doing cakes, but have scrapbooked of years, only have had my cricut for a year and can't live without it. i haven't cut any ben able to get the hang of cutting gumpaste, or molding chocolate yet, but will keep trying. The ladies on this site are a BIG help, it's how Im learning to do cakes. Hope this helped alittle, good luck

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 5:32pm
post #4 of 5

This is probably the thread you are looking for.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-639855.html

cheesecakes-galore Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 7:20pm
post #5 of 5

I played around with the ds this morning and finally got it to cut on my cricut, so that is a start. I couldn't get it to do that yesterday for anything! I will definitely check out those links. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%