Generic Cakeboss

Decorating By THECAKEPLACE Updated 11 Feb 2010 , 5:36pm by cakesdivine

THECAKEPLACE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THECAKEPLACE Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 15

Does anyone know of any software like cakeboss that does pretty much the same thing but cost less?

14 replies
djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 15

I think there is something on CC called Alice's Cake Matrix, that you can download for free...maybe do a search in the forums or articles?

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 15
lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 15

Nope. I've used both the matrix and CakeBoss, and have to say CakeBoss is much better. I was lucky enough to be a Beta tester for the new version, and it was super helpful.

Is it pricey? Yeah. But it is worth it. Just about any software designed to make doing business easier will be expensive. DH is a custom pool builder, and we are saving close to $1500 for accounting and drafting software that will help streamline that business, too.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 7:35pm
post #5 of 15

Cakeboss is a one-of-a-kind software and it's worth the cost and so much more. Compared to other software prices, it's actually quite a steal. Think about how much a photographer pays for Photoshop. Or an architect for AutoCad. Don't be cheap. icon_razz.gificon_wink.gif

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 8:04pm
post #6 of 15

Save your pennies and buy it! You recoup your money with your first couple of orders! Don't settle for imitations or try and take the cheap way out!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 8:37pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amia

is a one-of-a-kind software and it's worth the cost and so much more. Compared to other software prices, it's actually quite a steal. Think about how much a photographer pays for Photoshop. Or an architect for AutoCad. Don't be cheap. icon_razz.gificon_wink.gif

That's such a great point! If you consider all you are getting, it isn't that pricey, and you receive 10% for being a Cake Central member. Software is expensive, but oftentimes worth it. Save up for it and it will be worth it.

Donnabugg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnabugg Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 2:51am
post #8 of 15

Sometimes it's not a matter of being "cheap"...sometimes it's simply not feasible or in the budget.... icon_wink.gif

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 3:04am
post #9 of 15

Looks interesting...have to dream on it for a bit though.....

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 12:37pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnabugg

Sometimes it's not a matter of being "cheap"...sometimes it's simply not feasible or in the budget.... icon_wink.gif

Which is why I said to SAVE for it!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 12:58pm
post #11 of 15

I don't think there are similar programs that are cheaper but I have found a few that are very similar to Cake Boss ...........only problem is the cheapest one is $499!! OUCH

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 2:47pm
post #12 of 15

Things are only expensive if you dont use them. I bought quicken and quickbooks but dont use them, that was a waste of money, The first year i had cakeboss i didn;t use that either,but i upgraded at the beginning of this year and now use it every day. infact i leave it open all day. Its easy to use and keeps you organzed. If its not in the budget save for it, its not like it is 100s and 100s of $.

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 3:10pm
post #13 of 15

Does Cakeboss work for macs? It didn't think it used to.

THECAKEPLACE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THECAKEPLACE Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 4:05pm
post #14 of 15

Ok...Ok Maybe it really $150 on somethng I might not like......thank youe everyone for replying

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 5:36pm
post #15 of 15

I also own a dance studio. Our dance studio management software that is licensed to use on ONE computer only is $495, then if you want the POS module which we needed to be able to accept creditcard payment is another $125, annual tech support is $99. If I want to network computers it is an addition $199 for unlimited network licensing. If there is a major upgrade then we have to pay for the upgrade which usually run about $150. So as you see any business management software is going to be pricey. CakeBoss software has paid for itself and then some in the year that I have owned it. And I also purchased the upgrade which was very reasonable.

Yes I had to save to be able to purchase the first go round, but luckily - and in part to CakeBoss, I was able to purchase the upgrade when it became available. AND don't forget CC members get a 10% discount off the software!

Edited to add that CakeBoss gives a 30 day moneyback guarantee, no questions asked. So if you end up not liking it you can get your money back as long as you request so within the first 30 days of the download.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%