Cake Sketching Software

Decorating By THECAKEPLACE Updated 11 Feb 2010 , 6:41pm by dalis4joe

THECAKEPLACE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THECAKEPLACE Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 12

Does any know where I can get an cake sketch software? I cant seem to find any online...

11 replies
Rusti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 12

Try googling "google sketchUp 7". You should be able to download a free copy from google. icon_smile.gif

custard79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
custard79 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 9:27pm
post #3 of 12

try www.weddingcakedesignpro.com

amyscakes08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyscakes08 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 12

icon_eek.gif WOW! I checked out the website and the CD looks awsome! Could become costly if you added everything. Figured if you make about 2 cakes it would for its self, the entire set of CD's. Something to ask for for Valentines Day!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 10:04pm
post #5 of 12

I have wedding cake design pro and LOVE it!

Here's a few cakes I've done using it........wcdp cake and then real cake
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

amyscakes08 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 10:38pm
post #6 of 12

Did you purchase all the CD's that are available? Like the flower color and different shaped cake CD's?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 10:41pm
post #7 of 12

just the original! I got it on c a l j a v a online d o t com for $39.99 Last I knew they were out of them though

amyscakes08 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 11:05pm
post #8 of 12

Thank you so, so much for the information. I have been doing cakes on and off for the past 10 years. I work full-time and on the weekends so it is really hard to take a cake job. My friend and I thought it would be a good idea to take refresher classes, since things have changed over the years. We have been having a blast doing this and I am addicted to cake fourms!
Thank you again for the information.

Donnabugg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnabugg Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 1:55am
post #9 of 12

Does anyone have any tips for using the google sketch? I'm just not getting it...I haven't even figured out how to import a blank cake! icon_redface.gif I haven't tried looking to see if maybe there's a youtube tutorial but I will...

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 2:14am
post #10 of 12

So cool to see the idea become reality!

THECAKEPLACE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THECAKEPLACE Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 4:10pm
post #11 of 12

Thanks everyone for replying!!!!

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 6:41pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnabugg

Does anyone have any tips for using the google sketch? I'm just not getting it...I haven't even figured out how to import a blank cake! icon_redface.gif I haven't tried looking to see if maybe there's a youtube tutorial but I will...

same here.. I downloaded steckUp7 frm google but I dunno how to use it... I get as far as adding a square 3d... but I can't stack another... I also added texture to it like if it's a cake with RI dots... but I can't stack them!!!
icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%