Need Help Blending Cake Themes!!!

Decorating By deckman22 Updated 8 Feb 2010 , 6:38pm by Chasey

deckman22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deckman22 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing a single cake for my Mother-In-Law and Father-In-Laws Birthdays and need help with ideas to appease both. She wants something pretty with flowers, and he would appreciate anything hunting, fishing, or firefighting. Should I do a two layer with one layer for each? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
dsilbern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilbern Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 2:16pm
post #2 of 5

since hunting and fishing are out door themes how about a nature heavy fishing cake? fishing boat on a lake ringed by wildflowers shmebbe?

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 5

I picture a flower explosion on one side of the cake with a curved stream going down the middle...on the other side is a little boat and a fishing rod. You could write Happy Birthday and their names going around the sides of the two layered cake.

Maybe a garden sign with her name on it stuck in the flowers and put his name on the boat?

mandymakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandymakescakes Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 6:36pm
post #4 of 5

I really like Chasey's idea, but I think her name should be on the boat since vessels are female and all... just sayin'. icon_wink.gif

This actually sounds like a cake I should make for my parents' 30th anniversary later this year... more things to consider.

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 6:38pm
post #5 of 5

LOL! Good point. Put her name on the boat and put FIL name LOVES MIL name on the garden sign. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%