2.5.10 Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 6 Feb 2010 , 2:35pm by in2cakes2

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:16am
post #31 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

Jammjenks your looking a little better then us and we don't have good road crews either. Hence, why everything got picked up today. It was pretty bad with the snow coming down.

+

Oh I feel ya. I had four others get picked up today, but the wedding is the one to be delivered tomorrow. I've got a feeling she won't be needing the extra kitchen cake. Glad the reception venue is about 3 miles from my house, DH is here to help me, and the kids are at their grandparents' house.

OMGosh...no kids and I'm on CC??. I've gotta get off here! icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Galler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Galler Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:20am
post #32 of 50

in2cakes2: I just got an order for a chevy truck...I know it isn't a monster truck...but after you are done would you please pass on any hints. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

I am working on a Irish leprechaun hat theme cake for Sunday. I live in DC, with all the snow, I hope the party is still happening and I can get out to deliver it.

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:21am
post #33 of 50

I live on the Texas coast and have NEVER seen 30 inches of snow in my life. Everyone be safe in the yucky weather.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:25am
post #34 of 50

Leah !! I didnt know you were in KY. I live in KY, estill co.

Next time i go to louisville I will stop by your gallery !! I just went to your site and saw all your beautiful cakes. Oh I love the white one with all the sprials sprouting from it. GORGEOUS!!

when someone asks me who I know that can do their wedding cake I know where to send them. If a cake is beyond my experience I like to be able to refer them. Would that be alright with you?

Galler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Galler Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:26am
post #35 of 50

I am so tired and going to bed...I just can't deal with the kitchen floor right now. Not a lot is going to happen in the next five hours before the kids wake me up...I will do it then.

Everyone in the snow be safe!

Night

Rayelle

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:26am
post #36 of 50

One cake here...The AZ Cake show is tomorrow and my cake is just now coming out of the oven. All I'm gonna have is my Cake Challenge cake, and nothing for actual show entries. icon_sad.gif (Let's just leave it as this was the Worst Week Ever and I wish the show was actually next weekend, not tomorrow...)

But, the great news is my niece has two completed (and totally awesome I might add!! ) entries! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif This is her first cake show and she's really excited! I'm really proud of her! She even made a giant piece of chocolate candy all on her own using real chocolate instead of candy melts! (I promised not to tell details until after the show, but I can say it turned out AMAZING)

Now I gotta go make my icing...I'm kind of glad that the majority of this cake is being made on site. I can still probably get to bed before midnight. icon_lol.gif

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 6:36am
post #37 of 50

hi everyone, saturday afternoon here for me and ive got 2 choc fudge cakes in the oven because im going to try cakeballs again tomorrow... thinking i will freeze some to see how they manage the freeze/defrost part

i also did my model flowers homework for my class on monday night - i still suck but i suck in 3 different colours. these are filler flowers in white, soft yellow and gold yellow - monday we start roses

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 6:42am
post #38 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-A

hi everyone, saturday afternoon here for me and ive got 2 choc fudge cakes in the oven because im going to try cakeballs again tomorrow... thinking i will freeze some to see how they manage the freeze/defrost part

i also did my model flowers homework for my class on monday night - i still suck but i suck in 3 different colours. these are filler flowers in white, soft yellow and gold yellow - monday we start roses

Don't even sweat it. We ALL sucked the first time we did flowers! icon_lol.gif

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 6:44am
post #39 of 50

Finished a bag of popcorn cake with elmo jumping out of it for a 1st bday. Picked up and customer loved it - despite the fact that as I was putting the rkt elmo on the cake, I impaled him on a sharpened dowel then had to re-airbrush to make it look better - IMO he was too dark and blotchy, but had no time to recover and repaint - client was on the way (2 hours ahead of time - lucky she's a friend). Now I have to finish 300 chocolate heart pops for a corporate order, dip oreos, dip pretzels, make popcorn crunch, and maybe make some cake truffles to sell for Valentine's Day at the office next week. Oh yeah, also have to make a bday cake for tomorrow night for wife's aunt's bday.

Mrs-A Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 6:45am
post #40 of 50

thanks.... its only class #2 so im not too stresse because im happy to suck as long as im enjoying it. but i realized how much i want to do wilton 1 - i really would like to play with pipework. my course does include some pipework so i'll see if i like it before i book the class. apparently down here there are only about a dozen certified wilton teachers so the courses arent held often

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiechef

I live on the Texas coast and have NEVER seen 30 inches of snow in my life. Everyone be safe in the yucky weather.

heheheh - i live in australa and ive seen snow twice. once about 30yrs ago down here at the snowy mountains - about 10hrs south and once in alaska on June 1st. it was cold, wet and slushy.... i dont need to see it again thank you

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 6:46am
post #41 of 50

Okay Mark all that sounds really delicious and it's like 1:45 AM and I have no business snacking this late, so good night everyone, before I'm tempted! icon_lol.gif

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 6:48am
post #42 of 50

SWEET dreams LaBella!!!

Mrs-A Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 6:53am
post #43 of 50

night labella and wow morsell.... talk about busy!

nearly 6pm here so i have to start thinking about dinner for hubby.... he gets all "starvin' marvin" on me

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 7:20am
post #44 of 50

Well I'm dead tired after a very long day working on my topiary cake...I'm very happy with it and praying that when I have to transport it (and yes, the rose ball detaches) that it won't be pouring rain like it's supposed to do all day tomorrow! UGH! Guess I'm luckier than those of you who are stuck with all the snow...my heart goes out to you who have to deliver in that!
LL

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 8:31am
post #45 of 50

I'm late to the mix, but it's 3:30 am and I'm still cakin'... UGH!! Have a train themed cupcake tower with a 6" topper and a 9" fisherman themed cake due later on today... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I won't need drugs after this all nighter... I'll be seeing the fairies and talking unicorns with my natural "high".

Mrs-A Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 8:39am
post #46 of 50

CH, that topiary is beautiful!

and g'day Scratch.... stay away from talking unicorms... i hear they are evil

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 9:17am
post #47 of 50

Ok, help me out here folks. I have a cake to deliver at 10am...in 7 hours. It's a topsy turvy. The second tier down is having some structural issues. I am not sure exactly what is happening to it. The bottom part is collapsing. The top part of those is salvageable...should I

A) Remove the offending layer and refondant what's left.

B) rebake the offending layer and refondant.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 12:55pm
post #48 of 50

Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil cakin'... so.... tired.... u...g...h...

in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 2:29pm
post #49 of 50

Rebake if you have time.

in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 2:35pm
post #50 of 50

I'll help any way I can but this is not really a "truck" it is Maximum Destruction which is supose to be a futuristic suv. I'll post pictures when I'm done and just pm me any questions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%