Better Tasting Fondant

Baking By babypooh Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 10:54pm by superstar

babypooh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babypooh Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 7

I was just wondering if anyone has ever flavored fondant...using oils, or extracts, I like using fondant and in most cases it has just a very sweet taste..I would like to add if I could a flavor to it ...I use Satin Ice...

6 replies
luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 7

Yes, i've added lemon extract to Satin Ice to freshen up the taste a bit.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 7

You can use any number of extracts, oils, etc. to flavor fondant. I used one of the LorAnn oils last time I used fondant on cookies and it took the flavor pretty well.

Here are a couple other options. If you like chocolate, ChocoPan fondant is a chocolate-based fondant, which requires no flavoring whatsoever. Fondarific also has several flavors (and colors) of fondant and they taste kind of like Starburst candies. I've used both and like the workability as well as the flavor.

verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 7

Do you own and use whatever extracts you want! icon_wink.gif
I use Michelle Fosters fondant recipe with vanilla and almond extract (from spices etc)

babypooh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babypooh Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 7

The next time I order fondant I will try Fondarific....I thought abt making fondant, but I am kinda scared of messing it up....Im thinking that you just put in a couple of drops of oil/extract and just knead it in.....right? thanks guys, I have to make cookies for grandson's 1st Bday and just want his guest to enjoy them....

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 10:41pm
post #6 of 7

First of all, I use T's MMF from the recipe section on here and love it. It tastes yummy made as is.

That being said, I've used Lorann oils in fondant as well, and it works (favorite is still cotton candy). But you have to be careful on your amounts because it's easy to get way too much.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 10:54pm
post #7 of 7

I always flavor my fondant either the same flavor as the BC underneath or compliment it with another flavor. I use Fondx because it is the easiest available here & I like it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%