Cookie Cutters?

Baking By cawolina Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 10:29pm by cawolina

cawolina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cawolina Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 8

Im think about buying a set of cookie cutters, flowers and leafs so I can easily make gumpaste flowers.
But what shapes should I buy?
Do you know if there is a set for beginners I could buy? icon_razz.gif

7 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 8

There are sets specially designed for crafting gumpaste and fondant flowers. GSA sells them.

cawolina Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:40pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

There are sets specially designed for crafting gumpaste and fondant flowers. sells them.

Thank you! Im gonna buy the Wilton flower set! Ill get a book with it and everything! And Ive never made a gumpaste flower in my life so I think thats good for me icon_razz.gif

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 8:10pm
post #4 of 8

It is so much fun starting out with something new and seeing the amazing things you can create. Good luck to you and be sure to post some pics of your flowers!

cawolina Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 8

Im confused now... Is it really called cookie cutters, because I want to use them to make fondant flowers to decorate my cakes... Not make cookies icon_razz.gif

cawolina Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 9:52pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bake6

It is so much fun starting out with something new and seeing the amazing things you can create. Good luck to you and be sure to post some pics of your flowers!

Thank you! Im so excited! Can't wait until I get my cutters so i can start! icon_biggrin.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 10:06pm
post #7 of 8

If you have Michaels or Hobby Lobby or Joann near you, you can find one of their coupons and buy the set there. This is the Wilton set: http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E30D6EB-475A-BAC0-5E5EF66C57041711

The tools that come with it are not very useful. You should buy a small white plastic rolling pin and some different modeling tools so that you don't get too frustrated with it. This is the set that I have: http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=93495A5C-423B-522D-F27FD2E8535573B6&fid=D765F8CA-1E0B-C910-EA4AA093460A907F

cawolina Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 10:29pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you Texas_rose!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%