Dolphin Cake

Decorating By deb12g Updated 20 Jan 2007 , 8:31pm by jen1977

deb12g Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deb12g Posted 18 Jan 2007 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 6

A customer wants a dolphin cake- she brought me a dolphin pan, wants dolphin cake on top of a 10 x 15 layered cake. Wants dolphin to look like it's coming out of the water. Any suggestions???

5 replies
Aster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aster Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 3:05am
post #2 of 6

You could cut the dolphin so half of it is coming out of the "water". If your using BC you could form it into peaks around the dolphin. Air brush blue if you have it. Or swirly blue and white icing. You could brush piping gel on to to make it glisten.

Erlyns_Treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erlyns_Treats Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 8:03am
post #3 of 6

Gosh i wish i had a pic i did a dolphin cake for a lady at work it was 3 tier on the top tier i made fondant waves coming out the top then made some color flow dolphins on sticks coming out of the top to make it look like they were jumping the whole cake was blue with white "bubble" trim i also made oval medallions with sugar dolphins in the middle...hope this helps a little

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 19 Jan 2007 , 8:40am
post #4 of 6

I know you stated she wants the dolfin cake to come out of the sheet cake. But what about fondant dolfins. I made a dolfin cake at last minute and had to do in BC cause I didn't have fondant on hand and that is what I wanted to do. So that is all the help I can offer. But in my mind it looked so awesome. Just din't have the stuff to do it. I frosted the sheet in a blue and added white to make waves. But had to make some BC dolfins. I wanted them 3-d But had to do what I could. Good Luck

Erlyns_Treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erlyns_Treats Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 8:23pm
post #5 of 6

I just put the pic of the dolphin cake i did the only thing missing is the dolphins on sticks icon_biggrin.gif
LL
LL

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 8:31pm
post #6 of 6

If she wants you to use the dolphin pan, I would probably slice the tail end off at an angle, and put blue icing waves on that end after you put it on the sheet cake. I would taper it, so it isn't all even, and will make it look more like it is coming out of the water. If she doesn't mind you not using the pan she brought you, the possibilities are endless with fondant dolphins!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%